• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory bashing - BBC left wing bias

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory bashing - BBC left wing bias

Has anyone else noticed that the only publicity the Tories get are stories like these:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6934329.stm

A major Conservative donor has accused David Cameron of an "arrogant, Old Etonian" style of leadership and said he would give the party no more money.

i.e Some very negative story about criticisms of the Conservative leadership or policies.

On the government, we get stories like this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6929327.stm

With big bold quotes likes this

These are tremendous times for Britain and we are going to do tremendously well

Gordon Brown

Originally posted by King Cnvt
    Has anyone else noticed that the only publicity the Tories get are stories like these:

A major Conservative donor has accused David Cameron of an "arrogant, Old Etonian" style of leadership and said he would give the party no more money.

These are tremendous times for Britain and we are going to do tremendously well

Gordon Brown
    And your point is?
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Beeb's crapped its pants ever since Dyke did his "I may be some time" post-Hutton thing.

Now hedging bets with a "Lovely Labour" approach. Creeps.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6934329.stm

i.e Some very negative story about criticisms of the Conservative leadership or policies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6929327.stm

With big bold quotes likes this
        The Cameron story is being splashed across many media outlets. You saying they all hate the tories?

Think your paranoia is reaching dangerous levels. You want to lay of the industrial strength weed I think. The BBC article also mentions the other three leaders, and the quote is an innocous quote - Cameron get's quoted saying similar stuff.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          The Cameron story is being splashed across many media outlets. You saying they all hate the tories?
          The Beeb has definitely withdrawn its claws WRT Labour. Terrified of being forced to go commercial - and so die.

Comment

Of course you are right. My mistake. The media today is not in close association with New Labour.

The BBC is clearly not run from the top down by New Labour cronies.

Comment

Personally I think there is a left wing bias in the BBC, but equally I think they actually get stuck into the government a fair bit. It's not quite neutral, but that's a very rare quality in any society and as TV goes they're reasonably balanced. IMO.

I don't believe there is anything like as much an anti-tory bias as you believe in the BBC however, and if the evidence of this is that the tory donor withdrawing, I suggest you read some of the tory press also, they've all got it!
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yes, but Cameron is a total blithering drivelling idiot. If adverse (mostly true) publicity has any chance of persuading Tories to get rid of the twat, all in favour of it.

PS
                Wasps, Jam
                Jam, Wasps
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                  Yes, but Cameron is a total blithering drivelling idiot. If adverse (mostly true) publicity has any chance of persuading Tories to get rid of the twat, all in favour of it.

PS
                  Wasps, Jam
                  Jam, Wasps
                  Why not clone Maggie? And Dennis, for comedy value.

Comment

HTH to settle the argument.

We are biased, admit the stars of BBC News

It was the day that a host of BBC executives and star presenters admitted what critics have been telling them for years: the BBC is dominated by trendy, Left-leaning liberals who are biased against Christianity and in favour of multiculturalism.

A leaked account of an 'impartiality summit' called by BBC chairman Michael Grade, is certain to lead to a new row about the BBC and its reporting on key issues, especially concerning Muslims and the war on terror.

It reveals that executives would let the Bible be thrown into a dustbin on a TV comedy show, but not the Koran, and that they would broadcast an interview with Osama Bin Laden if given the opportunity. Further, it discloses that the BBC's 'diversity tsar', wants Muslim women newsreaders to be allowed to wear veils when on air.

.................................................. .................................................. .

One veteran BBC executive said: 'There was widespread acknowledgement that we may have gone too far in the direction of political correctness.

'Unfortunately, much of it is so deeply embedded in the BBC's culture, that it is very hard to change it.'

.................................................. ..................................................

Political pundit Andrew Marr said: 'The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias.'

Washington correspondent Justin Webb said that the BBC is so biased against America that deputy director general Mark Byford had secretly agreed to help him to 'correct', it in his reports. Webb added that the BBC treated America with scorn and derision and gave it 'no moral weight'.

Former BBC business editor Jeff Randall said he complained to a 'very senior news executive', about the BBC's pro-multicultural stance but was given the reply: 'The BBC is not neutral in multiculturalism: it believes in it and it promotes it.'
                    LINK

Comment

Working...
                    X