PDA

View Full Version : Premiership predictions

Muttley08
7th August 2007, 14:13
Top 5 predictions for the coming season...

Man Utd (unfortunately)
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Newcastle

King Cnvt
7th August 2007, 14:18
I don't like football.

HTH

The Lone Gunman
7th August 2007, 14:19
Celtic
Rangers
Whoever.....

Pickle2
7th August 2007, 14:20
Man Utd (unfortunately)
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Newcastle

Your list seems to be missing about 12 names between arsenal and newcastle.

Muttley08
7th August 2007, 14:22
Your list seems to be missing about 12 names between arsenal and newcastle.

Iam slightly biased towards one of those....

kirk
7th August 2007, 14:22
5th for Newcastle would be v. nice :)

Muttley08
7th August 2007, 14:23
5th for Newcastle would be v. nice :)

For the first time in about 20 years we now have a defence.....

If we can get some of the old nags back from injury, we'll be up there...

Bagpuss
7th August 2007, 14:26
Liverpool won't finish second, IIRC they have only finished above 3rd once in the EPL

The Lone Gunman
7th August 2007, 14:28
I would love to see the Toon be the team they should be.

Wouldnt it be nice to see them win at least one trophy.

sasguru
7th August 2007, 14:28
Man U
Chelsea
Liverpool

Boring as usual

Gibbon
7th August 2007, 14:32
Ahhhhhhhhhh......... I remember the premiership.

Leeds supporter :(

Bagpuss
7th August 2007, 14:37

It's not goin to happen, Big Sam thought he'd have the usual pot of gold to spend that Newcastle always give their new managers, however he must be well p1ssed that the takeover board have given him spare change. Mid table at best and possible relegation fight

kirk
7th August 2007, 14:37

Nice, it would be awesome :) I was at the Sampdoria friendly on Sunday and the team is started to look good - fitness needs to be worked on but that should come quickly enough, as posted above - when we get the likes of Owen and Barton back from injury we should be a team going somewhere again.

Muttley08
7th August 2007, 14:38

Saw one of Sky's 'lookback at past season shows' (whatever they call em) last night...

It had Leeds going down, and worringly enough a 'strikeforce' of Viduka / Smith - bit worrying with who the Toon have just signed, and who might start on Saturday...

Having just got rid of Fat Fred, I've got a lot of sympathy with you lot having just 'acquired' Ken....

TheFaQQer
7th August 2007, 14:40
Top 5 predictions for the coming season...

Man Utd (unfortunately)
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Newcastle

1. Man U
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Everton
6. Spurs
7. Blackburn
8. West Ham
9. Aston Villa
10. Newcastle
11. Portsmouth
12. Sunderland
13. Fulham
14. Bolton
15. Wigan
16. Middlesbrough
17. Reading
18. Man City
19. Derby
20. Birmingham

Muttley08
7th August 2007, 14:41
It's not goin to happen, Big Sam thought he'd have the usual pot of gold to spend that Newcastle always give their new managers, however he must be well p1ssed that the takeover board have given him spare change. Mid table at best and possible relegation fight

The new owner seems to have a reputation for taking poorly performing companies, and making them into slightly better, but still poorly performing companies....Dunlop etc...

Didn't want Big Sam, but I think he's trying hard, and his contacts / fitness approach will give us the best chance with what is still likely to be a tight budget...not much different to Bolton I guess...

FiveTimes
7th August 2007, 14:42
1 Chavs
2 Pool
3 Man U
4 Spurs
5 Everton
6 Arsenal

Bagpuss
7th August 2007, 14:48
1 Chavs
2 Pool
3 Man U
4 Spurs
5 Everton
6 Arsenal

I'll give you 100-1 on that.

FiveTimes
7th August 2007, 14:52
I'll give you 100-1 on that.

Hmm... let me think about that.

I had 16-1 on liverpool for the champions league, and come the final my mate told me to lay to cover myself.
I didn't like the idea of betting against my side so I just ignored his advise.

Wish I had listened to him now :(

Methuselah
7th August 2007, 14:53
More of Gordon Brown.

HankWangford
7th August 2007, 15:00
1. Man U
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs

darmstadt
7th August 2007, 15:49
1) Bremen
2) Schalke
3) Cottbus
4) Nürnburg
5) Hannover
6) Stuttgart
7) Wolfsburg
8) Bayern (no European football, hah hah)

Anybody see Wacker Burghausen against Bayern in the DFB last night? They wuz robbed, excellent Regionalliga team.

The Lone Gunman
7th August 2007, 16:04
1) Bremen
2) Schalke
3) Cottbus
4) Nürnburg
5) Hannover
6) Stuttgart
7) Wolfsburg
8) Bayern (no European football, hah hah)

Anybody see Wacker Burghausen against Bayern in the DFB last night? They wuz robbed, excellent Regionalliga team.Oi, what about Unter Haching?

theemeestroo
7th August 2007, 16:09

Would it bollocks!!
I just hope we manage to stuff you barcodes in the derby.
Chopra to get revenge for you lot dumping him

Darren@UptonAccountants
7th August 2007, 19:05
For the first time in about 20 years we now have a defence.....

If we can get some of the old nags back from injury, we'll be up there...

Agreed, looking forward to this season....or is that just the usual pre-season optimism!

PS...at last, sorted out the handle!

Alf W
7th August 2007, 19:33
City to be in Europe this time next year.

The Scum to be in the Championship after irregularities uncovered with the Tevez transfer and docked a huge number of points.

Here's hoping!

barry_abs
7th August 2007, 20:55
good question but i think the acquisition of Tevez will tip it for manu.. he is pure dynamite.. an argentine wayne, like Ozzy said:

Ardiles made a huge impact after arriving at Tottenham with countryman Ricky Villa in 1978.

He said: “Tevez and Rooney are both fearsome. Two little bulls.

“I don’t see any other combination of strikers like them in the world. Normally in other sides there is one forward who is tall and one short.

“They are both short, protect the ball every well and have pure power.

“I’m sure Alex Ferguson won’t be worried about their lack of height.United’s football is going to be even more enjoyable now.

“It will be a lot easier for Tevez to adapt than last season.

“If he could do it at West Ham, it will be a lot simpler at United. He’ll be very successful.”

Cowboy Bob
8th August 2007, 05:09

Same here. Next home match for me is Leeds vs Yeovil...

FiveTimes
8th August 2007, 07:36
Same here. Next home match for me is Leeds vs Yeovil...

How the mighty have fallen... buying all the young promising english players, big wages.... semi final of the european cup... now they have to enter the FA cup at a very early stage.

Newcastle... don't get me started... they have won nothing never will. Just because they huge set of fanatical supporters, big stadium etc.. doesn't make them a big club. They are a mid table team at best.

As much as I dislike Everton, they have a TEAM coming together, and they along with Spurs could challenge the top 4.

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 08:39
Newcastle... don't get me started... they have won nothing never will. Just because they huge set of fanatical supporters, big stadium etc.. doesn't make them a big club. They are a mid table team at best.

That's not fair - they won something in 1969 (The Fairs Cup, IIRC), so that's important.

And, of course, home to The Best Fans In The World (TM), who are in no way fickle at all. Give it three months and they'll be calling to sack the board, and baying for Fat Sam's blood.

They seem to have bought a defence this summer. Shame they couldn't score in a brothel, though.

FiveTimes
8th August 2007, 08:47
That's not fair - they won something in 1969 (The Fairs Cup, IIRC), so that's important.

And, of course, home to The Best Fans In The World (TM), who are in no way fickle at all. Give it three months and they'll be calling to sack the board, and baying for Fat Sam's blood.

They seem to have bought a defence this summer. Shame they couldn't score in a brothel, though.

Buying a defence is fine, but getting them to play as a unit is a bit harder.

It won't be long until they fans/press etc... start asking for Shearer to replace Big Sam...

Sam will get them playing and they will be harder to beat, but its a good job there is an upper tier at St James as I think they will be seeing the ball more than most :D

Darren@UptonAccountants
8th August 2007, 08:54

You forgot the Inter Toto cup last year as well! :spank:

Shearer has another year left on his coaching badges, but even then I think he likes the comfort of the BBC studio too much! Can't blame him really!

So who's getting relegated? Derby, Sunderland (living in hope), Middlesbrough!

FiveTimes
8th August 2007, 09:26

Shearer has another year left on his coaching badges, but even then I think he likes the comfort of the BBC studio too much! Can't blame him really!

Relegation... Derby for sure, I can see Wigan going down this year due to the fact that they have lost Jewell.
The 3rd spot is a tough one, it could be Man City but then again if they gel then I doubt it, so I'm going for Sunderland.
That should please you barcodes...

crimdon
8th August 2007, 09:44

Hey you're lot are coming to Hartlepool on boxing day...will remember to hide...

Cowboy Bob
8th August 2007, 09:59
Hey you're lot are coming to Hartlepool on boxing day...will remember to hide...

We're not that scary, really...

crimdon
8th August 2007, 10:10
We're not that scary, really...

There are somes teams with scary reputations in that league

Leeds
Notts Forrest
Millwall

I don't scare easily though...working in Pennywell at the moment

Colemanisor
8th August 2007, 10:27
Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool
Spurs
Newcastle
Arsenal

Muttley08
8th August 2007, 10:32
Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool
Spurs
Newcastle
Arsenal

Really don't fancy Spurs to do well....too many inconsisent bling boys....not enough grafters....

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 10:52

Sorry - I was only quoting meaningful silverware.

I recall Fat Freddy Shepherd saying about Michael Owen joining (ha ha ha):
"Alan reminded Michael he had this same decision a decade ago when he left Blackburn and could have gone to Manchester United. He chose Newcastle and look what it's done for him"

Presumably, he was referring to his massively reduced insurance premiums on his trophy cabinet?

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 10:53
There are somes teams with scary reputations in that league

Leeds
Notts Forrest
Millwall

I don't scare easily though...working in Pennywell at the moment

Don't forget Burnley as well

The Lone Gunman
8th August 2007, 11:48
Don't forget Burnley as wellDont tell me there is another Burnley fan on this board?
I will be at the turf when I can again this season.

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 12:08
Dont tell me there is another Burnley fan on this board?
I will be at the turf when I can again this season.

I didn't say I was a fan :D

They are my (current) home town club, so I feel that I need to go every so often though.

Did you see the 10 Downing St petition for a knighthood for Branchy? They turned it down, for some reason.

SallyAnne
8th August 2007, 12:13
1. Man U
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Everton
6. Spurs
7. Blackburn
8. West Ham
9. Aston Villa
10. Newcastle
11. Portsmouth
12. Sunderland
13. Fulham
14. Bolton
15. Wigan
16. Middlesbrough
17. Reading
18. Man City
19. Derby
20. Birmingham

I would definately settle for that!!!

Although, I have put a bet on Sunderland to win their first 5 games...£50 @ 500/1.

I suppose I could have set fire to my money, but it wouldn't have lasted as long.

Mr Crosby
8th August 2007, 12:30
1. Man U
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Everton
6. Spurs
7. Blackburn
8. West Ham
9. Aston Villa
10. Newcastle
11. Portsmouth
12. Sunderland
13. Fulham
14. Bolton
15. Wigan
16. Middlesbrough
17. Reading
18. Man City
19. Derby
20. Birmingham

We wont finish bottom, the bottom 3 will be Wigan, Bolton and Derby.

FiveTimes
8th August 2007, 12:33

Although, I have put a bet on Sunderland to win their first 5 games...£50 @ 500/1.

I suppose I could have set fire to my money, but it wouldn't have lasted as long.

At least you will know the outcome of your bet after 90mins..

Have you got a betfair account ? If so, it might be worth having a look to see if you can lay the bet ?

I wish I had when friend told me to lay 16/1 for liverpool to win the CL.

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 12:35
We wont finish bottom, the bottom 3 will be Wigan, Bolton and Derby.

You're probably right - the bottom three were my dream relegation, to be honest.

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 12:39

Looking at my list, I'm amazed that I put the Toon that high up. If they do, you can always point out that Fat Sam played for Sunderland at one stage.

I reckon that Roy Keane and Quinn have got a good side in the making there - not sure they'll win their first five matches, mind. You were, perhaps, robbed at only 500-1 - unless it's Birmingham, Derby, Boro, Wigan, Chelsea in your first five.

It's not too long ago that there were three north-east teams playing at Wembley in the same season. Granted that was the Makems losing the play-offs though :)

Muttley08
8th August 2007, 12:39

What's the odds on Keane going to Old Trafford and the Mackems getting relegated??? (again ;) )

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 12:40
it might be worth having a look to see if you can lay the bet ?

You need to find takers, though!

Muttley08
8th August 2007, 12:42
Looking at my list, I'm amazed that I put the Toon that high up. If they do, you can always point out that Fat Sam played for Sunderland at one stage.

I reckon that Roy Keane and Quinn have got a good side in the making there - not sure they'll win their first five matches, mind. You were, perhaps, robbed at only 500-1 - unless it's Birmingham, Derby, Boro, Wigan, Chelsea in your first five.

It's not too long ago that there were three north-east teams playing at Wembley in the same season. Granted that was the Makems losing the play-offs though :)

At least with the mackems and smoggies in the premiership we know we can gloat when we kick their ass in the derbies every season - not that the smoggies have a derby with us (Hartlepool are more their level)

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 12:42
What's the odds on Keane going to Old Trafford and the Mackems getting relegated??? (again ;) )

18-1

TheFaQQer
8th August 2007, 12:51
At least with the mackems and smoggies in the premiership we know we can gloat when we kick their ass in the derbies every season - not that the smoggies have a derby with us (Hartlepool are more their level)

Like last season 0-0 at St. James; 1-0 at the Riverside.

Last time Newcastle beat Boro by more than one goal was November 2002.

Hardly kicking ass. But I guess it depends on how the Aussie pie eater does this season...

And (for those who forget it), here's part of last seasons table

Middlesbro 38 10 3 6 31 24 2 7 10 13 25 46 -5
Newcastle 38 7 7 5 23 20 4 3 12 15 27 43 -9

FiveTimes
13th August 2007, 07:47

SA... your bet is still alive, but only just. What a time to score 93+ min and by an ex barcoder. Only 4 matches to go. Good luck

theemeestroo
13th August 2007, 10:59

Every Season??
You must have a short memory (as most barcodes do!!)
http://www.safc.com/match/?page_id=5245&fixture=1657811

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 12:50

Erm, we won the Intertoto last year actually :rolleyes:

:moon:

FiveTimes
13th August 2007, 12:55

And what a great trophy to win.... isn't the size of the trophy about as big as an egg cup :rollin:

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 12:56
SA... your bet is still alive, but only just. What a time to score 93+ min and by an ex barcoder. Only 4 matches to go. Good luck

I know!!! Its the first time in my life I've cheered for Sunderland! I nearly kissed the tele :D

They have Brum away on wednesday, then Wigan away on Saturday (which I fancy them for to be honest).
Then they've got LIverpool at home which I'm going to, so if the bet's still on I'll be wetting my pants for the full 90 mins!!

But unfortunately, then they've got Man U away.....so that'll be a sad sad day :( But you never know :D

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 12:57
And what a great trophy to win.... isn't the size of the trophy about as big as an egg cup :rollin:

I dont acutally think you get any silverware for it :rollin:

But its not the point :spank:

FiveTimes
13th August 2007, 13:01

I remember when A.Villa won the inter totto, and they were presented with a little egg cup / ashes style urn (sp) .... I laughed so much:banana:

FiveTimes
13th August 2007, 13:04

Trophy can be seen at Trophy (www.intertoto-cup.org/pastwinners.html)

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 13:07
I know!!! Its the first time in my life I've cheered for Sunderland! I nearly kissed the tele :D

They have Brum away on wednesday, then Wigan away on Saturday (which I fancy them for to be honest).
Then they've got LIverpool at home which I'm going to, so if the bet's still on I'll be wetting my pants for the full 90 mins!!

But unfortunately, then they've got Man U away.....so that'll be a sad sad day :( But you never know :D

You're a disgrace to the yourself.....your parents and the toon... :(

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 13:10
You're a disgrace to the yourself.....your parents and the toon... :(

Why?!!!!! Cause I'm off to see the Mackems?

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 13:19
Why?!!!!! Cause I'm off to see the Mackems?

Not just seeing em....but willing them on....when i grew up, we'd have beaten people for less...

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 13:20
Not just seeing em....but willing them on....when i grew up, we'd have beaten people for less...

What if I'm planning to invest my £25,000 winnings in NUFC shares?

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 13:24

Then we'll only beat you on the body, and leave the head...

Anyway, been delisted now....

BlasterBates
13th August 2007, 13:35
1. Man U
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Everton
6. Spurs
7. Blackburn
8. West Ham
9. Aston Villa
10. Newcastle
11. Portsmouth
12. Sunderland
13. Fulham
14. Bolton
15. Wigan
16. Middlesbrough
17. Reading
18. Man City
19. Derby
20. Birmingham

Pleased to see you put Wigan out of the relegation zone. :smile

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 13:37

He did put Man City in there though...not looking so good now...

Anyway....

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 14:17
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I kept Sundays pull out paper...might have to get it framed :D

FiveTimes
13th August 2007, 14:18
:yay: :yay: :yay:

I kept Sundays pull out paper...might have to get it framed :D

Put it next to the cutting of when you were 12 points infront and bottled it :banana:

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 14:20
Put it next to the cutting of when you were 12 points infront and bottled it :banana:

Feck off :mad :mad :mad :mad

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 14:23

Who do you support then 5 times?? and where are you from in relation to said team???

FiveTimes
13th August 2007, 14:27
Who do you support then 5 times?? and where are you from in relation to said team???

All together now .... "We've won it five time... we've won it five times... In Istanbul, we won it five times:yay::yay:"

The team that along with your lot produced two of the best premier league matches in its history 4-3... to the 'pool.

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 14:32
All together now .... "We've won it five time... we've won it five times... In Istanbul, we won it five times:yay::yay:"

The team that along with your lot produced two of the best premier league matches in its history 4-3... to the 'pool.

At least you're not a Manc....but are you from the 'pool??

Darren@UptonAccountants
13th August 2007, 14:46
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Liked this so much, thought had put it on the thread again...I know it's sad, just making the most of it for the next 48 hours as it won't last long! :yay:

FiveTimes
13th August 2007, 15:09
At least you're not a Manc....but are you from the 'pool??

Just down the east lancs (Wigan), both parents scousers, every weekend for early part of life was spent over there, so I class myself as half a scouser. I've got the accent if that makes things better ?

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 17:55
Just down the east lancs (Wigan), both parents scousers, every weekend for early part of life was spent over there, so I class myself as half a scouser. I've got the accent if that makes things better ?

Doh - was just trying for the easy dig, seem as you mentioned the 15 points thing...

As for the accent, not sure that helps much with anything... ;)

TheFaQQer
13th August 2007, 18:56

Oh no :(

Didn't realise that you were a Newcastle fan.

Diver
13th August 2007, 19:19
They still have some :D

scooby
13th August 2007, 19:28

what has Hartlepool got to do with the premiershit??

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 22:44
Oh no :(

Didn't realise that you were a Newcastle fan.

Well when I put my location as "GeordieLand" what would you expect?!! :eek:

Where you fom like? Oh no...your massive Q's aren't in honour of Quinny are they? :D

wendigo100
13th August 2007, 22:44
Nobody has gone for Chelsea Chavs to win it, so I will.

How anyone thinks Liverpool will get into the top two is beyond me. Gerrard will have to do it on his own again, and they now seem to be managed by Comic Book Guy! :laugh

Chelsea
Man Utd
Gerrard FC
Arsenal

SallyAnne
13th August 2007, 22:47

Watched both of those - excellent excellent games! 2 years in a row...what are the chances?!

I think any real Newcastle fan will tell you, we'd rather have games like that - even if we're on the loosing side. Football at its best. Fowler and McManaman were a force to be reckoned with back then, so creds to you :yay:

FiveTimes
14th August 2007, 07:14
Watched both of those - excellent excellent games! 2 years in a row...what are the chances?!

I think any real Newcastle fan will tell you, we'd rather have games like that - even if we're on the loosing side. Football at its best. Fowler and McManaman were a force to be reckoned with back then, so creds to you :yay:

and don't forget Collymore... he played an great game, and his partnership woth Folwer was second to Sutton & Shearer.

FiveTimes
14th August 2007, 07:16
1 Chavs
2 Pool
3 Man U
4 Spurs
5 Everton
6 Arsenal

How anyone thinks Liverpool will get into the top two is beyond me. Gerrard will have to do it on his own again, and they now seem to be managed by Comic Book Guy! :laugh

Chelsea
Man Utd
Gerrard FC
Arsenal

I went for the Russians also...

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 08:15
Well when I put my location as "GeordieLand" what would you expect?!! :eek:

Where you fom like? Oh no...your massive Q's aren't in honour of Quinny are they? :D

I assumed that a true Geordie would never put money on Sunderland to win anything!!

Although I do have a certain respect for Mr Quinn (in terms of donating his testimonial money to charity, rather than just pocketing it), I am not a Sunderland fan by any means.

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 08:16
Comic Book Guy! :laugh

Max from Phoenix Nights / Max and Paddy

FiveTimes
14th August 2007, 08:19
Max from Phoenix Nights / Max and Paddy

:rollin::rollin:

but that's enought taking the michael out of rafa.... The guy rules:music:

wendigo100
14th August 2007, 09:52
I went for the Russians also...Apologies. It's their turn, isn't it.

barry_abs
15th August 2007, 20:26
love em or hate em, they take some beating.. lamps, terry, essien, drogba and cech are titans of world order..

i ain't writing liverpool off this year, no chance.. not whlle rafa is at the healm anyway.. give this man time, he will bring home the title - he is world class.

TheFaQQer
16th August 2007, 08:44

Oh well - it lasted 180 minutes, so probably 90 minutes more than originally expected!!

If only it was that they would go unbeaten for five matches...

Alf W
19th August 2007, 19:24
City to be in Europe this time next year.

The Scum to be in the Championship after irregularities uncovered with the Tevez transfer and docked a huge number of points.

Here's hoping!

It's all coming true! I almost felt sorry for the rags this afternoon (when I wasn't rolling about on the floor laughing).

Muttley08
20th August 2007, 08:18
So far results have been interesting...

The Toon are looking good...
Man Utd are looking awful (too many Portugese 'pretty boys')
Spurs have too many nearly men
West Ham have too many whingers (can't believe they paid 7.5 mill for Bellamy)
Chelsea look boring as ever again though (awful to watch yesterday afternoon)

No doubt some would disagree though???

wendigo100
20th August 2007, 08:50
Chelsea look boring as ever again though (awful to watch yesterday afternoon)

No doubt some would disagree though???Yes, I think Chelsea have been entertaining - and that penalty yesterday was the funniest thing I've seen so far this season! Especially Benitez and Gerrard whingeing about it afterwards! :rollin:

Someone remind me - did they whinge last season about the penalty they got against Sheffield United? :laugh

mrdonuts
20th August 2007, 09:06
Celtic to get Humped

Muttley08
20th August 2007, 09:12
They still play football up there?

gingerjedi
20th August 2007, 09:38
I know that teams get good and bad decisions over the season and it should all balance out come the end but not many teams are capable of beating Chelsea and this one really could prove decisive come the end as they will steamroll over most of the lower teams, if the ref wasn’t sure he should have consulted the other officials but it was apparently clear cut in his eyes and he gave an instant spot kick.:freaky:

And the ref did show Essien a second yellow but realised his mistake and never booked him proper, incompetence all round I’m afraid.:spank:

TheFaQQer
29th August 2007, 08:59

After the sound ass kicking that Newcastle dished out at the weekend, I think the other teams in the league can sleep soundly.

Not that they won't take the Newcastle "threat" seriously...

sasguru
29th August 2007, 09:15
So far results have been interesting...

Man Utd are looking awful (too many Portugese 'pretty boys')

Tevez is hardly a "pretty boy". If he and Nani start gelling, Man U will be a formidable strike force. Unfortunately.

FiveTimes
29th August 2007, 09:19
Tevez is hardly a "pretty boy". If he and Nani start gelling, Man U will be a formidable strike force. Unfortunately.

totally agree with you sas, but they need to start scoring, and soon... Liverpool have got all there strikers scoring, and it doesn't seem to matter what partnership they play upfront either, all combos have looked tasty so far...

The midfield looks like one of the strongest in the prem with Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Sissoko & Lucas. Power, skill, tackles, and again you can mix and match the partnerships around.

wendigo100
29th August 2007, 09:25
Tevez is hardly a "pretty boy". If he and Nani start gelling, Man U will be a formidable strike force. Unfortunately.Tevez isn't Potuguese either.

Man U lack a proper striker.

Muttley08
29th August 2007, 09:36

There was irony in the quote marks....him and ronaldo have to be some of the ugliest going...not to mention the nevilles...

wendigo100
29th August 2007, 09:41
There was irony in the quote marks....him and ronaldo have to be some of the ugliest going...not to mention the nevilles...Pah! Call that ugly? What about:

Ferdinand
Carrick
Silvestre
Vidic
Rooney

...in fact, this Man U team has to be the ugliest ever to grace the top division! :eek:

Muttley08
29th August 2007, 09:43
Pah! Call that ugly? What about:

Ferdinand
Carrick
Silvestre
Vidic
Rooney

...in fact, this Man U team has to be the ugliest ever to grace the top division! :eek:

Just a bit annoying the birds they get....and the fact we all know what mucky birds they are ;)

wendigo100
29th August 2007, 09:44
Just a bit annoying the birds they get....and the fact we all know what mucky birds they are ;)I'm depressed now... :(

FiveTimes
29th August 2007, 09:50
Just a bit annoying the birds they get....and the fact we all know what mucky birds they are ;)

I didn't think the old bird Rooney had a dabble was that good and dirty :eyes

sasguru
29th August 2007, 09:54
There was irony in the quote marks....him and ronaldo have to be some of the ugliest going...not to mention the nevilles...

Ah I assumed you meant "pretty boy" as in "not hard enough for the Premiership".

Muttley08
29th August 2007, 10:04
Ah I assumed you meant "pretty boy" as in "not hard enough for the Premiership".

Nah...the missus finds ronaldo pretty shocking to look at, as well as a cheating, diving scumbag...I constantly get comments from her whenever he's on the telly...Personally I just think he looks a tw*t

sasguru
29th August 2007, 10:09
Man U lack a proper striker.

Hmmmm ....

Muttley08
29th August 2007, 10:13
Hmmmm ....

They need a finisher - not really replaced VanNistelroy..esp since Saha hands in more sicknotes than a civil service code monkey...

Lucy
29th August 2007, 10:14
Prediction:

the UK premiership will pay loads of dosh to players from other countries, and gullible fans will go and watch and act out their tribalism, pretending it's the UK's great players playing, then England will play again the usual will happen...

Muttley08
29th August 2007, 10:18
Prediction:

the UK premiership will pay loads of dosh to players from other countries, and gullible fans will go and watch and act out their tribalism, pretending it's the UK's great players playing, then England will play again the usual will happen...

Just coz you don't understand the off-side rule love ;)

Seriously though, I agree. I refuse to pay £50 to see a premiership match in the flesh, given the amount of defensive play, diving, cheatin, overpaid pretty boys etc etc. Still watch in on Sky though :(

TheFaQQer
29th August 2007, 10:49
Prediction:

Harsh but fair.

wendigo100
29th August 2007, 11:20
Prediction:

the UK premiership will pay loads of dosh to players from other countries, and gullible fans will go and watch and act out their tribalism, pretending it's the UK's great players playing, then England will play again the usual will happen...Do you know someone who could explain football to you? :smile

sasguru
29th August 2007, 11:23
Well Lucy it's like this:

Imagine a sale in a shoe shop ....nah can't be bothered ...

wendigo100
29th August 2007, 11:27
Well Lucy it's like this:

Imagine a sale in a shoe shop ....nah can't be bothered ...:laugh

No lady programs! Yer barred!

alreadypacked
29th August 2007, 11:53
To me, football is like disapan, 5 mins. and I'm off to sleep :wave:

wendigo100
29th August 2007, 11:58
To me, football is like disapan, 5 mins. and I'm off to sleep :wave:You sound like my wife. :wave: