• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Blasted network updates...

Bored tulipless all day.

And tomorrow too.

Had to read a book.

Bummer.

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

But after tomorrow it will be closer to the weekend

Think of the pay

Straws - grasping at to make you feel better

Comment

You have my interest - because I'm currently smashed (my wife won a freebie at Strada in Hitchin, and they were very generous with the plonk). Which book?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It was The Newnes Short Wave Manual, by F. J. Camm (brother of the more famous Sidney wot designed the 'Awker 'Urricane).
        Don't give away the ending
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not really a page turner as it happens.

But I was contemplating making a valve TRF wireless as a demonstrator, in a fit of insanity...
          Of course! How silly of me not to guess!

Comment

There you are; it was me wot dun it obviously... last post of the day...
            Clearly, when you leave for the day, the forums cease to exist until your return

Comment

Zeity, on a slightly related note. I am very sad because I have moved into a building with very poor am reception, and I am unable to listen to the worldservice.

Is an external am antenna the only solution?

Comment

Though I think it's broadcast on the web too...
                It is indeed: BBC World Service

Comment

Though it must be said, that it doesn't have the wonderful redolence of hot valves and fading over that medium....
                  Depends on your computer and connection.

Comment

And this pic shows the inspired lunacy of the idea...

http://img.neoseeker.com/a/aopenax4b...CF0008_640.jpg

That's just gotta stay.

I couldn't delete the picture of a motherboard with a valve on it.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 2 March 2017, 09:23.

Comment

Working...
                    X