• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the best coffee machine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My money is on Flavia - expensive but completely lush - have to sneak into the executive area after hours though.
    At the other end of the scale - probably the worst coffee I have ever had, came from an old Nescafe machine in a portakabin - curiously, the machine was mounted on the other side of the wall to the urinals - still drank it though.
    35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
    (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

The free coffee was removed from our building recently and a bunch clubbed together and bought themselves a flavia machine.

More time is now spent stopping others from using it and ordering further supplies than work.
    Last edited by OrangeHopper; 7 August 2007, 18:45.

Comment

the wife!
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

you gotta link to that machine ?

Milan.

Comment

You sad deluded gadget freaks, brain-washed by the media.
          The best coffee comes from either a simple Bodum press or one of those metal thingies the Italians use on a cooker.
          Sad what happens when the working class comes into a bit of money - good taste flies out the window
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

for me the cafetiere, closely followed by the stove expresso pot.. i had a nice italian machine before - once the novelty wore off it became needless hassle..

Comment

Asda economy instant coffee mixed with sawdust to make it go that bit further.

Every little helps.

Comment

i had a cup of No Frills sawdust once.. never, ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  You sad deluded gadget freaks, brain-washed by the media.
                  The best coffee comes from either a simple Bodum press or one of those metal thingies the Italians use on a cooker.
                  It's called moca and I am sad to say that for the first time in my life I have to agree with Sadguru. Yet many people do prefer that ugly tasteless type of cream that comes from the machines. No machine will ever be able to reproduce the taste of the coffee that comes from a moca.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs
                    i had a cup of No Frills sawdust once.. never, ever again.
                    I remember at uni swapping a packet of No Frills coffee with a jar of Gold Blend from the posh kids in the next door flat (emptying jar etc.)....they could tell the difference strangely enough....

Comment

Working...
                    X