• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CenterParcs - advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CenterParcs - advice please

I know its expensive and all that but the wife and I are being treated to a free holiday next week as it was the only place the whole family could agree on because of work commitments and kids etc.

Has anyone been recently as I want to know if it's really necessary to prebook the activities and restaurants? I don't really want to book windsurfing at 2:30 on a Tuesday if it’s going to be pi55ing down! Also I might not fancy a curry on a particular night and would rather be spontaneous on my choice of meal, at the same time I don't want to spend a week in a log cabin with 'f' all to do.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    I know its expensive and all that but the wife and I are being treated to a free holiday next week as it was the only place the whole family could agree on because of work commitments and kids etc.

Has anyone been recently as I want to know if it's really necessary to prebook the activities and restaurants? I don't really want to book windsurfing at 2:30 on a Tuesday if it’s going to be pi55ing down! Also I might not fancy a curry on a particular night and would rather be spontaneous on my choice of meal, at the same time I don't want to spend a week in a log cabin with 'f' all to do.
    Eh?

You have to be joking!!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

She's quite pregnant and the libido has dropped off a bit! I just want to know if booking is really necessary, I don't mind fitting in if things are busy but I don't want to miss out if everything is booked up. I hear they have about a dozen different restaurants and pregnant women can be a bit peculiar when it comes to what food they fancy at any given time.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Mrs Flubster, the little Flubsters and I all go to CentreParcs in Longleat twice a year and have done for the last 5 or 6 years.

If you're going next week, it's gonna be busy. Some events will already be fully booked. Restaurants are bookable in advance and I would recommend doing so.

Getting a seat/table next to the pool will also be a challenge unless you are prepared to get there early and bagsy a lounger.
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Beeing forced to go with the ball and chain's family later in the year. I suspect it will be nothing less than Hell on earth with grinning "walky" types and Butlins style forced fun

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone
            Beeing forced to go with the ball and chain's family later in the year. I suspect it will be nothing less than Hell on earth with grinning "walky" types and Butlins style forced fun
            And gnats... LOADS of them.

Comment

We're going to Longleat, I plan on sailing, windsurfing and cycling, anything else will be a bonus so I may just give them a call to prebook.

Epiphone... just relax and do what you want, it sounds as if you're dreading the in-laws more than the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone
                Book any kids into the Kids Club, then check into the spa. Sorted.
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi

Some activities will already be booked - have a look at the brochure and see what you fancy doing. Restaurants probably not a problem - busy at peak times but you should be able to get somewhere.

I normally go at the end of January, since it's so cheap then! Wouldn't go in the summer though, but I'm sure you'll have fun!!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
                    Some activities will already be booked - have a look at the brochure and see what you fancy doing. Restaurants probably not a problem - busy at peak times but you should be able to get somewhere.

I normally go at the end of January, since it's so cheap then! Wouldn't go in the summer though, but I'm sure you'll have fun!!
                    whats it like in Jan quiet / busy ?
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X