• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Further to the famous peops thread...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further to the famous peops thread...

Afternoon All,

seeing what a bunch or a_n_o_r_ak_s we have here...

I was just wondering, has anybody amongst the team ever owned a Mini-Metro ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes
    Afternoon All,

Milan.
    I inherited my granddad's. It got slowly stolen bit by bit.

Comment

My first car was an "MG Metro".
      It had red seatbelts, therefore it was good.

Comment

My first car was a white MG Metro. Great fun, apart from the rust and the other usual breakages!
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          Afternoon All,

Milan.
          You are the essence of the contraddiction Milan.

First you claim that you don't pay attention to the badge on the car at a point that you prefer to get a dull skoda/VW to an Audi and now you are trying to look down at people with a not so prestigious car.

Your sense of coherence is inversely proportional to sadguru self given importance.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

6R4

Still in the crates I bought it in 4 years ago.

Comment

No.

Comment

Yes - my ex had a 1.1 Metro that I inherited to drive to the station every day. It got written off when some plonker drove into the back of it down the Mile End Road.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Franko,

I am not interested in badges, I simply never liked the Mk1 Metro.

You didn't answer my previous question are you in CH these days as you seem to have developed a habit of quoting all prices in CHF.

If you think 4x4 Skoda's and good HP VW's are dull then that's your loss.

Supremo,

you kept that one quiet.

6R4, you must have a decent sized garage, what else do you have lying around ? What's your plan for it and what inspired you to buy it ? Always wanted one, or just happened to get a good offer at the time ?

Milan.

Comment

My Metro was stolen during my second year of Uni. I should have known better after a mate demonstrated how he could open it with the keys from his Fiesta the previous year.

Comment

Working...
                    X