• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was your most fun car ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your most fun car ever?

Mine was the Alfa Romeo 164 v6 3 litre. Fast, fun, an engine note to die for, and (whisper it quietly) reliable. In terms of quality the best Alfa ever made, I believe - some of them did up to 300K miles.
    An Alfa built like a Merc? Not quite, but Alfa's best large car yet.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru
    Mine was the Alfa Romeo 164 v6 3 litre. Fast, fun, an engine note to die for, and (whisper it quietly) reliable. In terms of quality the best Alfa ever made, I believe - some of them did up to 300K miles.
    Fiat 500 made in the 1970ish. Fiat Ritmo in the late 70s was also a respectable hatchback. Regarding Alfas, well, if you go further in the past you find even better models but then again that was a time when an Alfa was an Alfa. 164 was good though, and so was Lancia Thema (they shared a lot of components) and Fiat Croma.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Yup, one of mine too!

However, scrotes kept nicking the boot badge. Mine was the Cloverleaf, yours?

However my Stuttgart Banana is more fun!
      Last edited by Churchill; 8 August 2007, 13:37.

Comment

1994 celica gt4 (ruled back in the day toyota stuck to rallying, now toyota do not do proper sports cars)..

was reliable and fast

Comment

ah the heady and drunken with success days of driving a mark 2 Golf Gti sideways (mostly) around west london as a 24 year old firstime contractor in 1992.

Now that was a FORGIVING car...................

still very fond of it tho'

Comment

Never owned anything expensive but my most fun car was a Lancia Delta HP Turbo. Lovely oversteer.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
              Never owned anything expensive but my most fun car was a Lancia Delta HP Turbo. Lovely oversteer.
              Lancia Delta HF Turbo i.e.

HTH

Comment

Must have bought it on HP.

Comment

Current car, Impreza WRX. Previously had an Impreza but the non-turbo version, took it out the other night for the 1st time without the Mrs and daughter with me, put the foot down and had to wipe the seat when I got out
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

One of my mates had a left hand drive Lancia Delta HF Integrale.

My god that thing was fast and it also felt quite wierd being a passenger and sitting on the right hand side. The only problem with it was finding a bit of metal, you were hard pressed getting a magnet to stick to one of those things....

Comment

Working...
                    X