• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Political Correctness Watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Correctness Watch

Had to laugh at this:

http://pcwatch.blogspot.com/

Four firefighters are suing the city of San Diego for being forced by their superiors to attend the annual "Gay Pride" parade where they endured a barrage of sexual taunts and lewd gestures. San Diego's fire chief, Tracy Jarman, is an open lesbian who called the July 21 parade a "fun event" in which "all employees are encouraged to participate." But the firefighters said, unlike previous years, they were ordered into uniform to participate in the parade in their fire truck, despite their repeated protests.

The firefighters' legal counsel, the Thomas More Law Center, said the men were "left with the Hobson's choice of either violating their conscience or being disciplined for disobeying a direct order." The firefighters, described as devoted husbands and fathers, said they were subject to the most vulgar kinds of sexual harassment. "You could not even look at the crowd without getting some type of sexual gesture," one said, adding, "If any crew member were to hang up pictures at the station of what we saw, we would be disciplined."

Over the course of three hours, they heard statements such as, "show me your hose," "you can put out my fire," "you're making me hot," "give me mouth-to-mouth," "you look hungry, why don't you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a "Girth and Mirth" t-shirt)," and "blow my hose." When they refused to respond to the crowd, some in the crowd turned hostile and started shouting, "F--- you firemen" and others began "flipping them off."

We don't live in San Diego so to put it politely, WGAS?

Comment

a very similar thing happened at last year's London gay pride (so I'm told). The firemen had a stall and got so fed up with the innuendos that they refused to speak to anybody, and got disciplined* for it.

*not in a kinky way

Comment

Had to laugh at this

Comment

is that Joe Pesci in Goodfellas?
          His collar is rather stylish.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
            is that Joe Pesci in Goodfellas?
            I thought it was Gary Sinise but now you mention JP, I'm just not sure...
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Nicky G is my favourite CUK poster. And this is my fave Nicky G Thread:
              http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread19598.html

As mad as a badger's bum.

Comment

Working...
              X