• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor UK Ad Management Help Needed - JavaScript/Perl?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor UK Ad Management Help Needed - JavaScript/Perl?

Anyone interested in helping me out with our advertising management?

On the main site, we have a number of banner ads, and textual ads (right hand side and top of page)... To update any of these, we need to manually edit the HTML template for that particular section.

I'd like my marketing people to be able to update a given textual link via the browser, or any way which doesn't require FTP or HTML editing...

The new site has .shtml pages, so SSI is sorted. Would rather not use a database, unless flatfile for this.

Any ideas?

Or email [email protected]

Thanks

James

Re: Contractor UK Ad Management Help Needed - JavaScript/Per

It appears to be a sorry inditement that not one of us can respond positively to this request!

Comment

create a

form on a web page which your user edits with the new file data. this updates a .txt file on the server which is dynamically included on the required page and so dynamically builds up the file path....

Comment

adverts

I created a site which uses banners which can basically be automatically updated, however I used a mixture of PHP/MySQL and HTML

Simply put a table to hold the ad referral ID and then the PHP to automatically create the link the HTML page, this link randomly changes so gets exposure as well, it changes (it can repeat also).

Probably not what you can use as you do not have MySQL database, but another database, possibly from a file which can be read by VBScript to generate the links and JScript to randomly change the ad banner.

Comment

Re: adverts

I'd like my marketing people to be able to update a given textual link via the browser, or any way which doesn't require FTP or HTML editing...
          >probably too insecure

best idea is the form one i reckon

Comment

Re: adverts

My stuff is all homebrew php/mysql too but there are shedloads of free content generation and ad rotator scripts out there on the web for free using any scripting laguage you care to choose.

The tool for this task (as with many others) is undoubtably google.

Comment

Working...
            X