• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying / Leasing a car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying / Leasing a car

Hi All,
    I'm interested in finally getting a decent car. Considering something along the lines of a Chrysler 300C Touring or maybe a BMW 530d Touring.

Does anyone have any experience of car leasing companies? Is it worth it, or would you just buy one?

Cheers...

Tom
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Originally posted by b0redom
    Hi All,
    I'm interested in finally getting a decent car. Considering something along the lines of a Chrysler 300C Touring or maybe a BMW 530d Touring.

Does anyone have any experience of car leasing companies? Is it worth it, or would you just buy one?

Cheers...

Tom
    just buy, it's not worth it to either lease or buy through the company...
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Hi All,

Cheers...

Tom
      Eh? your choices seem a little erratic, one is a thoroughbred that is renowned for refinement and poise the other is a yank tank built by hillbilly’s that will depreciate faster than Baghdad apartment, I'm no BMW fan but I know which I'd choose if I was buying or leasing.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Basically I want a largish diesel estate for carting about all the stuff a baby needs. Within that, I'm not sure of a budget (hence the two choices). I'm just interested in if anyone would recommend leasing over buying or vice versa.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Hi All,

Cheers...

Tom
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Basically I want a largish diesel estate for carting about all the stuff a baby needs. Within that, I'm not sure of a budget (hence the two choices). I'm just interested in if anyone would recommend leasing over buying or vice versa.
            is it private or through your Ltd Co ?
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Either/Or. Makes no odds really. I would have thought it makes less sense to get one through the company though as I'll be hit with a massive benefit in kind?

@sasguru: Thanks for that constructive post.

Comment

Any time. No problem.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Leasehire always seesm expensive unless it's a heavily depreciating car, or it's something cheap. IMHO buy a 1 year old used model for maximum VFM.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Yes. Next!
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X