• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone on here ever been sued ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on here ever been sued ?

I havn't

but I thought it's such a hot topic at the momemt, I'd just ask.

When I was a kid the local bully threatned to knock my block off, I laughed in his face.His older brother said he would stiffen me, I laughed louder.
    Then his mum said she would sue me, I sh@t myself for a week. I didnt know what it meant , but it sounded serious.

Last edited by scotspine; 9 August 2007, 14:13.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    I havn't

Then his mum said she would sue me, I sh@t myself for a week. I didnt know what it meant , but it sounded serious.

very funny

and no - I haven't been sued
    Last edited by scotspine; 9 August 2007, 14:13.

Comment

Yeah, I've been Sued. She was great!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

If a man stopped me in the street and demanded of me my watch, I should refuse to give it to him. If he threatened to take it by force, I feel I should, though not a fighting man, do my best to protect it. If, on the other hand, he should assert his intention of trying to obtain it by means of an action in any court of law, I should take it out of my pocket and hand it to him, and think I had got off cheaply.
        - Jerome K Jerome, Three Men on the Bummel, 1900

Comment

Suppose most divorced men here been sued ... e.g. Spod??

Comment

please restrict this to light relief. thanks
            sp
            Last edited by scotspine; 9 August 2007, 14:24.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Yeah, I've been Sued. She was great!
              She had to give you your money back first though
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                She had to give you your money back first though
                Careful Baggy, you nearly set off a facetiousness filter then!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                  I havn't

but I thought it's such a hot topic at the momemt, I'd just ask.

When I was a kid the local bully threatned to knock my block off, I laughed in his face.His older brother said he would stiffen me, I laughed louder.

I have been, it went to court but was eventually settled out of court.

The court staff (Sheriiff and his legal advisers) could not have been nicer or more helpful, which was as well as I was conducting my own "defence".
                  Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
                    I have been, it went to court but was eventually settled out of court.

The court staff (Sheriiff and his legal advisers) could not have been nicer or more helpful, which was as well as I was conducting my own "defence".
                    So, what was it all about, then? Just being nosey. I won't tell anyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X