• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those things like holograms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those things like holograms

where you see one picture, then if you move your head slightly to the side you see another one. Made out of little plastic ridges. You used to get them free in cereal boxes quite a bit: maybe still do for all I know.

What ARE they CALLED?

Originally posted by thunderlizard

What ARE they CALLED?
    Witchcraft.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

where you see one picture, then if you move your head slightly to the side you see another one. Made out of little plastic ridges. You used to get them free in cereal boxes quite a bit: maybe still do for all I know.

What ARE they CALLED?
      Snap, Crackle & Poptical illusion?

Comment

Me thinks its called lenticular movie art.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Thanks Mr Robin. I think you're right.

At least that's where my Google search for "hologram+plastic+ridge+pictures+cereal" tended to lead

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            Witchcraft.
            without a doubt!
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

What ARE they CALLED?
              tulip ?

Comment

Quick, Burn him! anyone got a lighter?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This morning, when we were on holiday on the other forum, someone had sparkles.... they might work.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

What ARE they CALLED?
                    I saw some on sale outside the Vatican. Jesus on the cross, and then Jesus dead. Realy good taste.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X