• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend Me Some IR35 Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Me Some IR35 Insurance

Taking the PCG option out if the running who would you good people recommend for the above?

ta

Originally posted by Epiphone
    Taking the PCG option out if the running who would you good people recommend for the above?

ta
    Nobody.

Closest is QDOS - roughly £40 cheaper but none of the benefits. And you're talking about covering off £15k representation fees and four year's disruption: the difference between QDOS's £90 and PCG's £120 isn't really relevant, is it?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I'm probably being thick but what do you mean by

Originally posted by malvolio
      And you're talking about covering off £15k representation fees and four year's disruption
      ?

Comment

I'm probably being thick but what do you mean by

?
        That is how long it takes for the longer IR35 investigations.

And that is how much that would cost to be adequately represented by professionals who know how to deal with the scenario.

Comment

ta
          For around £100 QDOS will provide all the IR35 cover that PCG plus membership gives you which is around £250 (although you do get non-IR35 extras with PCG membership so it isn't really a fair comparison). QDOS also include 3 contract reviews per year in that price, which I think costs around £100 each elsewhere.

For a little more (around another £200) QDOS will also pay all taxes and penalties should they lose your IR35 case (their TLC35 product). Or you could purchase Survive35 on top of your PCG membership (around another £300) to get the same protection.

I personally am very cautious and took the full QDOS cover. I then doubted this decision following Malvolio's arguments that nobody loses an IR35 case anymore. Which seemed to be true.

However, there has been a recent loss by the PCG and so I am happy with my decision to go with the full package as I am fully protected and can safely sleep at night.

The choice is yours ....

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis

However, there has been a recent loss by the PCG and so I am happy with my decision to go with the full package as I am fully protected and can safely sleep at night.
            Not wanting to nitpick, but I dont think the person who lost was a PCG member, so it was not a loss by them, but by one of their preferred suppliers. In fact their figure on their home page is the totals for their suppliers, not their members.

And it was a weird case where the end client pitched up and claimed the opposite was true on the ground than had been agreed between themselves and the contractor.

Comment

Indeed it was. The PCG also offered to take the case further, but the person in question declined. Thats one of the other benefits of PCG membership, you're not alone.

Plus, there are a lot more benefits for your £120 than simply insurance.
              World's Best Martini

Comment

Taking the PCG option out if the running...
                Just out of interest, what do you see as the problem with the PCG offering?
                PM if you'd prefer.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

You know the answer to that - it's in the "other" place's Member Services...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                    You know the answer to that - it's in the "other" place's Member Services...
                    I'm sure that there's a clue in there some where, but I'm damned if I can find it...
                    You are obviously much more clever than I.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                    X