• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chavs or immigrants? Which is worse for the economy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavs or immigrants? Which is worse for the economy?

The current turmoil in the markets is largely down to sub-prime lenders in the states giving 100% mortgages to the entire cast of "My Name Is Earl" + "Jerry Springer" x 100 million.

Immigrants on the other hand have pushed up house prices, and worked for peanuts, which in effect helps lower inflation, keeping interest rates lower than they would otherwise be. They may not pay tax, but your strawberries would cost a damn site more if they did.
    All this while our chav underclass refuse to work at all.

Just avoid reading the Daily Mail and Express, and stories like this
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6938513.stm
    Its just propaganda made by members of the BNP who have infiltrated the BBC. Nothing to worry about, at all.

Immigrants are good for the economy, chavs are not.

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
    The current turmoil in the markets is largely down to sub-prime lenders in the states giving 100% mortgages to the entire cast of "My Name Is Earl" + "Jerry Springer" x 100 million.

Immigrants on the other hand have pushed up house prices, and worked for peanuts, which in effect helps lower inflation, keeping interest rates lower than they would otherwise be. They may not pay tax, but your strawberries would cost a damn site more if they did.

Just avoid reading the Daily Mail and Express, and stories like this
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6938513.stm
    Its just propaganda made by members of the BNP who have infiltrated the BBC. Nothing to worry about, at all.

Immigrants are good for the economy, chavs are not.
    What about middle-class-deluded-sense-of-consumerist-entitlement junkies? Just 'release' another chunk of equity and throw it on the pyre - what could possibly go wrong, this time its different etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
      They may not pay tax, but your strawberries would cost a damn site more if they did.
      How can they avoid that? Only if they are allowed by their employer to get money under the table. But that means that it's not them evading taxes but the british people who exploit the system so they can have cheap labour at salaries below the minimum wage.

Most of the immigrants do pay more than they should as they are taxed on source and most of them do not bother applying for a tax refund (and in most cases they are entitled to).

So please, let's not give credit to urban myths.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I'd be most happy if the chavs would stop taking trains - and loudly playing annoying music on their mobile phones. Or were they hoodies - can hardly tell the difference anymore.

Oh yes, With the natives leaving in droves, soon the country will only be populated with immigrants, but as the natives have all left..who cares!
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
          I'd be most happy if the chavs would stop taking trains - and loudly playing annoying music on their mobile phones.
          Real chavs walk everywhere in order to preserve money for Stella and fags. The people you're seeing are middle-class mummies boys aspiring to be "urban".

Comment

It's the immigrant chavs that are the real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
              It's the immigrant chavs that are the real problem.
              Chavs are an english thing. Sure there is scum everywhere in the world but they are not chavs. Foreign "chavs" do not resemble at all local UK chavs.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                Chavs are an english thing. Sure there is scum everywhere in the world but they are not chavs. Foreign "chavs" do not resemble at all local UK chavs.
                I bow to your superior anthropological classification system, Desmond Morris.

Comment

I don't want any liarbelous comments about my mates the chavs, that broke the forum last time.

Comment

Working...
                  X