• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh no!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no!!!

2 out of the 3 contractors in this office have just had a phone call from our agent telling them that they will no longer be required... now I'm sitting here staring at my mobile, why is it always on a Friday.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    2 out of the 3 contractors in this office have just had a phone call from our agent telling them that they will no longer be required... now I'm sitting here staring at my mobile, why is it always on a Friday.
    Turn your mobile off and turn in on monday as normal

Comment

id be glad, dont have to go work on Monday, can spent the week dossing and looking for a new contract.
      Last edited by scotspine; 10 August 2007, 14:04.

Comment

I really like it here, its been 2 years and close enough to home not be bothered about expenses, it wouldn't normally bother me but we're expecting a baby and I really wanted to get past that before the prospect of working away from home comes about. I've heard that out of a total of 15 across site 6 are staying so fingers crossed ...it hasn't rang yet, I feel sick
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I really like it here, its been 2 years and close enough to home not be bothered about expenses, it wouldn't normally bother me but we're expecting a baby and I really wanted to get past that before the prospect of working away from home comes about. I've heard that out of a total of 15 across site 6 are staying so fingers crossed ...it hasn't rang yet, I feel sick
          Sounds like you wanna be a permie

Nah seriously no contractor should be afraid of being let go, just means another chapter in the story.

I know what you mean, though, a little bit of stability is nice, just not essential.

Comment

who'd the client ?
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I've been expecting that call for a week or so. I don't mind too much: I could do with a break, I have a bit of a plan B in the works that I could do with putting some effort into, and the market for what I do seems pretty healthy.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Oh no!!!!! Sorry to hear that mate

I think you should ring them - better than waiting and fretting?

Good luck
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yeah i would call them, no point in sticking head in sand if you are up for the chop. Best get it over with fast

And if you are not up for the chop when you will regret worrying over nothing for so long

Comment

Good luck Jedi

Comment

Working...
                    X