• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning Triangle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning Triangle

Just noticed that I now have a warning triangle. Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the triangle's presence an indication of Members telling teacher that one's been naughty, or does it appear "naturally" after a certain number of posts?

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Just noticed that I now have a warning triangle. Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the triangle's presence an indication of Members telling teacher that one's been naughty, or does it appear "naturally" after a certain number of posts?
    Press it and find out
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
      Press it and find out
      Thanks.

Comment

Many forums are over policed and eventually become self policing with anyone who doesn't like/agree with anothers point of view pressing the triangle. Some forums you can get done for 'annoying' people which can be disagreeing with someone.

Comment

I vote we all click on CD's little triangle and simply state 'This user is annoying'.

Hello CD, we we're trying to guess which board you were on if at all.

Comment

Sorry lads, shows how observant the average contractor is

That is the "report post" icon and has always been there - not new in the upgrade. If you see a post you don't like then click it, fill in the form and it emails the moderators. Quite a few users have reported spam and bad behaviour using it and it is good at getting nasty stuff off the board very quickly as while I am online for 18 hours a day I am not always on the forum but do check mail every 15 mins or so...

Comment

I knew that, honest.

I think the ability to report yourself is new though.

Comment

I was surprised at seeing it so far down the line, with no Naughty Triangle until (I think) today. That's why I asked.

It'd be useful to know WHY somone "dialled 999". I understand that it'd be daft for the Admins to name names, but a helpful "You've been dobbed-in for swearing, being rude, whatever" message in the old Private Message box would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Sorry lads, shows how observant the average contractor is

That is the "report post" icon and has always been there - not new in the upgrade. If you see a post you don't like then click it, fill in the form and it emails the moderators. Quite a few users have reported spam and bad behaviour using it and it is good at getting nasty stuff off the board very quickly as while I am online for 18 hours a day I am not always on the forum but do check mail every 15 mins or so...
                  18 hours a day??? Sweetheart, you need a life!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I think a number of users have asked for this - but the admins can now give an infraction (with a reason). That solves that one.

Comment

Working...
                    X