• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed II

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6943797.stm

UK house prices were 12.1% higher in June than a year earlier, according to the latest government figures.

The rate of growth was the highest since March 2005, and compares with May's revised figure of 10.8%.

The average UK house price rose from £210,793 in May to £214,222 in June, according to the Department of Communities and Local Government.

Recent surveys from the Halifax and Nationwide have also seen price growth remain strong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6943083.stm

Global stock markets have recovered some ground from last week's sharp falls after central banks moved to ease fears of a worldwide credit crisis.
    European markets rose in morning trade, although the European Central Bank still pumped an extra 48bn euros ($65bn; £32bn) into the banking system.

By early afternoon, London's FTSE 100 was up 145 points to 6,183, while the Germany Dax was up 83 points to 7,426.

That speccy bloke from the monetary committee will be warming up for another increase...

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
      That speccy bloke from the monetary committee will be warming up for another increase...
      Houses are more of a fashion accessory than a necessity nowadays. As long as there are people buying £200 handbags in Debenhams, there will be people buying houses that are way beyond their true financial reach.

By increasing rates, the BoE will only make people more skint than they already are, but probably do little to affect house prices in the long run.

Comment

This has probably been discussed to death...but the BTL'ers are the pivot...

Spoke to an IFA this am, who reckoned some were selling up at the moment...which could be the trigger...

Which is a shame, as I'm about to move and take out another mortgage, 6 months after I paid the last one off...

Comment

UK house prices were 12.1% higher in June than a year earlier

Yes in June houses were booming.

However in August I think it is crash, bang, wollop.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

This has probably been discussed to death...but the BTL'ers are the pivot...

Spoke to an IFA this am, who reckoned some were selling up at the moment...which could be the trigger...

Which is a shame, as I'm about to move and take out another mortgage, 6 months after I paid the last one off...
            snap. are you me. didn't last long did it. still nice to say you were mortgage free.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
              snap. are you me. didn't last long did it. still nice to say you were mortgage free.
              I know...regularly read up various places (Moneyweek etc) about liquifying assets to take advantage etc....but then you can't put your life on hold waiting for perfect conditions (especially how much the neighbours are annoying me at the moment!!!)

Oh well, dreams of early retirment disappear...

Comment

especially how much the neighbours are annoying me at the moment!!!
                What are the neighbours doing to annoy you?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                  What are the neighbours doing to annoy you?
                  It would be a long story....too loud, too many kids, too weird by half

We'd ideally move in about 18 months, but just moved it forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Yes in June houses were booming.

However in August I think it is crash, bang, wollop.
                    People in the UK are so lucky. Getting 10% richer every year until the sun will explode.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X