• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Call centres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call centres

Why do British Gas feel the need to call me every 2-3 days to arrange a weekday appointment for my boiler to be serviced, even though I've told them on the 5 previous occasions they've called that myself and the Mrs Chicane work Monday-Friday? Every time they say that they'll look into sorting out a weekend appointment, and every time I receive another call a couple of days later.

Seriously, it amazes me that whilst the reality of both adults in a household working full-time is perhaps 30 years old, virtually every utility company and public service in the UK seem to have failed to wake up to this.

Originally posted by chicane View Post
    Why do British Gas...
    BG are crap, that's why. Useless, moronic, imbeciles with the remnants of failed genetic experiments working for them.

Comment

Don't get me started on call centres.

Just wasted an hour being bounced around More Than's UK and Indian call centres.

Grrr.

Comment

Look for a website called something like say no to offshore callcentres etc, I was told about it haven't had time to look for it...similar exists for premium numbers.

Comment

Here is the premium numbers one...

http://www.saynoto0870.com

Don't know about the offshore one

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            Look for a website called something like say no to offshore callcentres etc, I was told about it haven't had time to look for it...similar exists for premium numbers.
            I did have a look: it's based offshore!

Comment

Working...
            X