PDA

View Full Version : Privium at AMS - Anyone else use it?

Pondlife
13th August 2007, 14:25
Got my card today and it really is the dogs danglies.

Must save me at least 30mins which are usually the most torturous (sp?) of the trip.

i.e.

security: Do you have anything metal on your person?
numpty: no
security: mobile phone?
numpty: Err, yes
security: keys?
numpty: Err, ok
security: watch?
numpty: umm, yes
security: belt?
numpty: Err, yes

Every time:tantrum:

Spacecadet
13th August 2007, 15:02
I go through AMS every week (have been for about 2 months) passport queue can be a bit of a hassle and have seen the Privium thing and was thinking about joining...
What annoys me about the passport queue is how the "all passports" queue quite often moves faster than the EU passports queue, i'm sure its down to all the ex - eastern bloc countries that have joined

But, does it speed up security checks too? these are always at the gate whenever I fly and there is no apparent special queue for Privium so i just wait till the last minute then go through when there's no queue, and then try and board at the last minute as well.

Pondlife
13th August 2007, 15:04
But, does it speed up security checks too? these are always at the gate whenever I fly and there is no apparent special queue for Privium so i just wait till the last minute then go through when there's no queue, and then try and board at the last minute as well.

When you go thru the privium line at passport control you get to go through the crew's security check - much much faster and polite too.

Still have to queue with the muppets at the gate though.

D6 by any chance?

Spacecadet
13th August 2007, 15:10
When you go thru the privium line at passport control you get to go through the crew's security check - much much faster and polite too.

Still have to queue with the muppets at the gate though.

D6 by any chance?

Not always D6 - seems to change every week, was D4 last friday

9.05 to Manchester

You?

n5gooner
13th August 2007, 15:10
I go through every other week, between London City and AMS and I'd ecco what SC has just said!!! Although I do try to get there early so can have a nice sitdown on the other side.

Spacecadet
13th August 2007, 15:11
Although I do try to get there early so can have a nice sitdown on the other side.

Always worthwhile having a beer at the main bar and watching out for the honeys :nerd

n5gooner
13th August 2007, 15:12
Always worthwhile having a beer at the main bar and watching out for the honeys :nerd

got it in one!!

Spacecadet
11th September 2007, 13:49
might as well resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one

which days do you guys fly out of schiphol?

n5gooner
11th September 2007, 13:52
might as well resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one

which days do you guys fly out of schiphol?

Monday 0825 from London City, return on Wednesday 1705 to London City, D23 normally. Doing it every other week, except as I'm away I now not going until first week in October.

Spacecadet
11th September 2007, 13:54
Monday 0825 from London City, return on Wednesday 1705 to London City, D23 normally. Doing it every other week, except as I'm away I now not going until first week in October.

damn, I fly back on thursdays usually and not till 9.10

n5gooner
11th September 2007, 14:10
damn, I fly back on thursdays usually and not till 9.10

well I'm on a daily rate, I guess your on hourly...:wink

Spacecadet
11th September 2007, 14:34
well I'm on a daily rate, I guess your on hourly...:wink

I'm on hourly... strangely at the clients request as they said that extra hours could be the norm later on in the contract

I work in eindhoven though, so i finish at 6pm, get the train to schiphol and the next flight is the 9.10 one

realflash
18th August 2010, 11:46
The website states you need to be Dutch or American to apply. How did you get a card?

Spacecadet
18th August 2010, 12:01
The website states you need to be Dutch or American to apply. How did you get a card?

This thread is 3 years old.. .things may change!

are you at the right website, I just checked and can't see any stipulation on nationality

Schiphol - Register Privium membership (http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol/PriviumIrisscan/PriviumMembership/RegisterPriviumMembership.htm)

d000hg
18th August 2010, 12:18
So you pay extra for less thorough security? Well that's safe then, obviously those terrorists can only afford basic economy and have to bring their own sandwiches.

Pondlife
18th August 2010, 12:19
No issue with nationality.

You need to fill in the form (possible online) and arrange an interview.

There is a guy from immigration who checks your passport and then you get your card issued straight away. Only issue is that you have to make sure you have a couple of hrs free in AMS to do this.

Pondlife
18th August 2010, 12:20
So you pay extra for less thorough security? Well that's safe then, obviously those terrorists can only afford basic economy and have to bring their own sandwiches.

Nope. Same security, quicker immigration.

HTH