• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Privium at AMS - Anyone else use it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privium at AMS - Anyone else use it?

Got my card today and it really is the dogs danglies.

Must save me at least 30mins which are usually the most torturous (sp?) of the trip.

i.e.

security: Do you have anything metal on your person?
    numpty: no
    security: mobile phone?
    numpty: Err, yes
    security: keys?
    numpty: Err, ok
    security: watch?
    numpty: umm, yes
    security: belt?
    numpty: Err, yes

Every time

I go through AMS every week (have been for about 2 months) passport queue can be a bit of a hassle and have seen the Privium thing and was thinking about joining...
    What annoys me about the passport queue is how the "all passports" queue quite often moves faster than the EU passports queue, i'm sure its down to all the ex - eastern bloc countries that have joined

But, does it speed up security checks too? these are always at the gate whenever I fly and there is no apparent special queue for Privium so i just wait till the last minute then go through when there's no queue, and then try and board at the last minute as well.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      But, does it speed up security checks too? these are always at the gate whenever I fly and there is no apparent special queue for Privium so i just wait till the last minute then go through when there's no queue, and then try and board at the last minute as well.
      When you go thru the privium line at passport control you get to go through the crew's security check - much much faster and polite too.

Still have to queue with the muppets at the gate though.

D6 by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        When you go thru the privium line at passport control you get to go through the crew's security check - much much faster and polite too.

Still have to queue with the muppets at the gate though.

D6 by any chance?
        Not always D6 - seems to change every week, was D4 last friday

9.05 to Manchester

You?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I go through every other week, between London City and AMS and I'd ecco what SC has just said!!! Although I do try to get there early so can have a nice sitdown on the other side.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
            Although I do try to get there early so can have a nice sitdown on the other side.
            Always worthwhile having a beer at the main bar and watching out for the honeys
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Always worthwhile having a beer at the main bar and watching out for the honeys

got it in one!!
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

might as well resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one

which days do you guys fly out of schiphol?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

might as well resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one

which days do you guys fly out of schiphol?
                  Monday 0825 from London City, return on Wednesday 1705 to London City, D23 normally. Doing it every other week, except as I'm away I now not going until first week in October.
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
                    Monday 0825 from London City, return on Wednesday 1705 to London City, D23 normally. Doing it every other week, except as I'm away I now not going until first week in October.
                    damn, I fly back on thursdays usually and not till 9.10
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X