PDA

View Full Version : ID Cards

richard-af
13th August 2007, 14:26
From CUK's News page: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003394.html

Question: How big a percentage will this Project's budget overrun? I'll start with 200%.

Dog_Yoghurt
13th August 2007, 14:28
From CUK's News page: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003394.html

Question: How big a percentage will this Project's budget overrun? I'll start with 200%.

427.34% (as a rough guess)

Muttley08
13th August 2007, 14:30
QUOTE=richard-af;285982]From CUK's News page: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003394.html

Question: How big a percentage will this Project's budget overrun? I'll start with 200%.[/QUOTE]

400% of original - prior to 're-baslining', and by the time us thieving contractors have had our pieces of silver... :smile

threaded
14th August 2007, 04:07
I'll bid 1000% and it won't work.

It'll become a textbook example of how not to procure an IT system.

They'll study it in history lessons for hundreds of years. :rollin:

richard-af
14th August 2007, 04:57
I'll bid 1000% and it won't work.

It'll become a textbook example of how not to procure an IT system.

They'll study it in history lessons for hundreds of years. :rollin:
I match your bid, and raise you: it will also lead to the entire UK population's personal data being mangled or lost.

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 08:12
I match your bid, and raise you: it will also lead to the entire UK population's personal data being mangled or lost.

It won't be lost - it will just be in the hands of people who are stealing your identity and all your money.

Alternatively, it could be in the hands of the government, who only do the latter.

richard-af
14th August 2007, 08:22
It won't be lost - it will just be in the hands of people who are stealing your identity and all your money.

Alternatively, it could be in the hands of the government, who only do the latter.

Lost, mangled, and flogged-off to SafeStyle and Carphone Warehouse.

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 08:34
Lost, mangled, and flogged-off to SafeStyle and Carphone Warehouse.

"Hi, this is Bob Shawaddiwaddi call from 3Mobile. Can I speak with account holder please? I give you much cheapness mobile phone..." etc.

richard-af
14th August 2007, 09:05
"Hi, this is Bob Shawaddiwaddi call from 3Mobile. Can I speak with account holder please? I give you much cheapness mobile phone..." etc.

TalkTalk Bod: "Hello. This is <deliberately unintelligible name>. Could I speak to richard-af?"
Me:"Speaking"
TTB: "We think you are paying too much... etc.... etc..."
Me: Thank you for calling, but I am not interested. Never call this number again. Bye"
TTB: (loudly): You are missing-out on a fantas..."
Me: (louder): "**** off!!!"

Never called again.

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 09:23
TalkTalk Bod: "Hello. This is <deliberately unintelligible name>. Could I speak to richard-af?"
Me:"Speaking"
TTB: "We think you are paying too much... etc.... etc..."
Me: Thank you for calling, but I am not interested. Never call this number again. Bye"
TTB: (loudly): You are missing-out on a fantas..."
Me: (louder): "**** off!!!"

Never called again.

I use a phone in my wife's name - my favourite spam conversation was:

Them: Hi, I'm calling from XYZ Mobile. Can I talk to the three account holder?
Me: No.
Them: I'm sorry?
Me: That's OK.
Them: Can I talk to the three account holder?
Them: Can I ask why not?
Me: She's not here.
Them: Can you tell me when she will be there?
Them: Thank you, you've been most helpful.
Me: <Mock American Accent>Hey - you're welcome! You have a nice day now!</Mock American Accent>

They never rang back - yet...

richard-af
14th August 2007, 10:33
Just remembered: the Telephone Preference Service (or whatever it is). It's a winner, because if you opt for it, and TalkTalk/whoever rings you to sell something, they get done. Hooray!

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 11:14
Just remembered: the Telephone Preference Service (or whatever it is). It's a winner, because if you opt for it, and TalkTalk/whoever rings you to sell something, they get done. Hooray!

They only get done if they are based in this country, I believe. Overseas callers do not apply.

richard-af
14th August 2007, 12:09
They only get done if they are based in this country, I believe. Overseas callers do not apply.

Bastards.

wendigo100
14th August 2007, 16:57
Let's look at HMG's recent track record:

* Scottish parliament building - 900% overrun by the finish

* Olympics - Last winter there was a 250% overrun already after eighteen months, with another five and a half years to go

* Network Rail - 300% overrun across six years, there is no finish

* NHS (NPfIT) - Who knows!

So for ID cards I'll guess 300% overrun after five years, and it will never finish.