• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Business

Hello All,

I had registered my company as a Computer Consultancy services......but lately I've struck upon a plan b, to recruit english people to teach english in asia.....got some contacts in asia....china basically...

So am I better off using my existing company funds to fiance this new venture, or do I have to start another company? Flights over, accomodation, etc....

They are quite different services.....

have asked the accountant, but hes on holiday until Wednesday.....

Thanks.

Jim

I dont suppose there is any reason why you cannot do this assuming your artices etc permit it.

Comment

If you have any intention of selling the foreign business in the future it may be cleaner to set it up as a second company and then invest in it from your original company.
      Wise Scout - Contract job search engine

Comment

If you are likely to be running at a loss for the new company, then you can offset these against the other company if the structure is right.

Either have them as the same company, or create a parent company, which owns all the shares in company A and company B. More admin and accountancy costs this way, though.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
          Hello All,

I had registered my company as a Computer Consultancy services......but lately I've struck upon a plan b, to recruit english people to teach english in asia.....got some contacts in asia....china basically...

So am I better off using my existing company funds to fiance this new venture, or do I have to start another company? Flights over, accomodation, etc....

Thanks.

Jim
          This "english" you teach......do you include punctuation.......or is that a personal choice.......WTF who needs it.......
          Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Hello All,

I had registered my company as a Computer Consultancy services......
            It's "a Computer Consultancy service": "a" is the singular indefinite article, so the plural form "services" is incorrect.

but lately I've struck upon a plan b, to recruit english people to teach english in asia.....
            "English" is capitalised, being a proper noun.
            got some contacts in asia....china basically...
            Now you're just rambling....basically...
            So am I better off using my existing company funds to fiance
            finance
            this new venture, or do I have to start another company? Flights over, accomodation, etc....
            accommodation

"Have": the first word of a sentence is capitalised.
            "He's": the third person masculine possessive pronoun takes an apostrophe.

Thanks.

Jim
            Don't mention it.

Oh, and good luck with the English-teaching business

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It's "a Computer Consultancy service": "a" is the singular indefinite article, so the plural form "services" is incorrect.

"English" is capitalised, being a proper noun.

Now you're just rambling....basically...

finance

accommodation

"Have": the first word of a sentence is capitalised.
              "He's": the third person masculine possessive pronoun takes an apostrophe.

Don't mention it.

Oh, and good luck with the English-teaching business
              You missed:

Ellipsis only have three dots...

The first line should read "I have registered..."

Asia

"...got some contacts in asia..." should read "I have some contacts in Asia"
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                You missed:

Ellipsis only have three dots...

The first line should read "I have registered..."

Asia

"...got some contacts in asia..." should read "I have some contacts in Asia"
                I stand corrected

Comment

Hi wantacontract, good luck with your new business, I think you'd do well, been recently to China and I know how keen they are to learn English or atleast for their kids to do so.

I am not an accountant, but I remember having to register my company's business online, I believe its not difficult you just inform the HMRC with changes to the business - I think fill in a form online- that is if you want to keep the same company, but perhaps the accountant would advice you to open a new company, this is because as you know a new company (first year end of year) does get a lot of tax benefits.

Anyway good luck again, and ignore the arse holes ..

yes I discoverd I can write arse here

Comment

arseholes

Comment

Working...
                    X