PDA

View Full Version : Company Business

wantacontract
13th August 2007, 18:38
Hello All,

I had registered my company as a Computer Consultancy services......but lately I've struck upon a plan b, to recruit english people to teach english in asia.....got some contacts in asia....china basically...

So am I better off using my existing company funds to fiance this new venture, or do I have to start another company? Flights over, accomodation, etc....

They are quite different services.....

have asked the accountant, but hes on holiday until Wednesday.....

Thanks.

Jim

Sockpuppet
13th August 2007, 19:04
I dont suppose there is any reason why you cannot do this assuming your artices etc permit it.

blazzar
13th August 2007, 19:23
If you have any intention of selling the foreign business in the future it may be cleaner to set it up as a second company and then invest in it from your original company.

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 08:08
If you are likely to be running at a loss for the new company, then you can offset these against the other company if the structure is right.

Either have them as the same company, or create a parent company, which owns all the shares in company A and company B. More admin and accountancy costs this way, though.

Methuselah
14th August 2007, 08:10
Hello All,

I had registered my company as a Computer Consultancy services......but lately I've struck upon a plan b, to recruit english people to teach english in asia.....got some contacts in asia....china basically...

So am I better off using my existing company funds to fiance this new venture, or do I have to start another company? Flights over, accomodation, etc....

Thanks.

JimThis "english" you teach......do you include punctuation.......or is that a personal choice.......WTF who needs it.......

NickFitz
14th August 2007, 08:33
Hello All,

I had registered my company as a Computer Consultancy services......

It's "a Computer Consultancy service": "a" is the singular indefinite article, so the plural form "services" is incorrect.

but lately I've struck upon a plan b, to recruit english people to teach english in asia.....

"English" is capitalised, being a proper noun.

got some contacts in asia....china basically...

Now you're just rambling....basically...

So am I better off using my existing company funds to fiance

:spel finance

this new venture, or do I have to start another company? Flights over, accomodation, etc....

:spel accommodation

"Have": the first word of a sentence is capitalised.
"He's": the third person masculine possessive pronoun takes an apostrophe.

Thanks.

Jim
Don't mention it.

Oh, and good luck with the English-teaching business :tongue

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 08:42
It's "a Computer Consultancy service": "a" is the singular indefinite article, so the plural form "services" is incorrect.

"English" is capitalised, being a proper noun.

Now you're just rambling....basically...

:spel finance

:spel accommodation

"Have": the first word of a sentence is capitalised.

Don't mention it.

You missed:

Ellipsis only have three dots...

The first line should read "I have registered..."

:spel Asia

"...got some contacts in asia..." should read "I have some contacts in Asia"

NickFitz
14th August 2007, 08:46
You missed:

Ellipsis only have three dots...

The first line should read "I have registered..."

:spel Asia

"...got some contacts in asia..." should read "I have some contacts in Asia"

I stand corrected :D

SandyDown
14th August 2007, 09:04
Hi wantacontract, good luck with your new business, I think you'd do well, been recently to China and I know how keen they are to learn English or atleast for their kids to do so.

I am not an accountant, but I remember having to register my company's business online, I believe its not difficult you just inform the HMRC with changes to the business - I think fill in a form online- that is if you want to keep the same company, but perhaps the accountant would advice you to open a new company, this is because as you know a new company (first year end of year) does get a lot of tax benefits.

Anyway good luck again, and ignore the arse holes ..

yes I discoverd I can write arse here :D

DimPrawn
14th August 2007, 09:25
:spel

arseholes

SandyDown
14th August 2007, 09:33
:spel

arseholes

Hey am a foreigner I can miss-spell whenever I feel like it :D

but thanks arsehole :D

mrdonuts
14th August 2007, 10:18
can i nominate that twat richard_ars for a job with you

wantacontract
14th August 2007, 19:40
hey, thanks for all the replies, as for the ....well I was typing my thoughts out aloud and didn't bother structuring it properly. Too excited I guess.

Anyway, for those of you that gave an useful response, it was much appreciated. For those that had a good laugh, well thats ok too.:tongue

To be honest, after chatting to someone in the know, they are suggesting having a company in Taiwan, as dodging tax is way easier there. So thats probably what I will do.

Cheers:banana:

fzbucks
14th August 2007, 19:58

Don't mention it.

Isn't "He's" becuase he's abbreiviated "He is" not beacause of that clever sounding sh1te you put?

Diver
14th August 2007, 20:09
Numptie's (please note capital N):D

TheFaQQer
14th August 2007, 22:26
Isn't "He's" becuase he's abbreiviated "He is" not beacause of that clever sounding sh1te you put?

Yes.

Numptie's (please note capital N):D

:spel Numpties or Numptys

Unless your message was truncated, for example "Numptie's a numpty", but I doubt that.

wendigo100
14th August 2007, 23:04
Isn't "He's" becuase he's abbreiviated "He is" not beacause of that clever sounding sh1te you put?:spel because
:spel abbreviated
:spel because

But otherwise you are correct.:wink

NickFitz
15th August 2007, 09:14

Absolutely. I was just bullshitting, rather obviously I thought :)