PDA

View Full Version : Doomed

Troll
14th August 2007, 06:48
First-time buyer demand 'drops'

New buyers are unsure if now is the time to get property, RICS says
The number of people looking to buy a house for the first time has fallen at its fastest rate in more than three years, a report says.
Inquiries from new buyers plunged in July, while the number of unsold properties rose, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) said. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6945222.stm

Cowboy Bob
14th August 2007, 06:50
The figures don't surprise me. You'd have to be insane to be a first time buyer in the current market.

Euro-commuter
14th August 2007, 07:16
The figures don't surprise me. You'd have to be insane to be a first time buyer in the current market.:wave:
Didn't own home. Wanted to have a house of our own to live in. Didn't like renting (rentals are all non-smoking: imagine how it feels at advanced age to still have to hide the ashtrays when the agent comes round on regular inspection. Anyway, just imagine how it feels having a regular inspection to see if you are behaving).

DimPrawn
14th August 2007, 08:06
Can't smoke.
Can't have pets.
Can't decorate or improve the house if you want to.
Regular inspections.
Annual rent rises.
Given notice to quit.

The joys of being a tenant under an iron landlord eh?

Methuselah
14th August 2007, 08:08
Can't smoke.
Can't have pets.
Can't decorate or improve the house if you want to.
Regular inspections.
Annual rent rises.
Given notice to quit.

The joys of being a tenant under an iron landlord eh?It's about taking responsibility for your own life, and minimising other people's arbitrary control over it.

So I didn't buy a house imagining that it would make me rich, I did it knowing that it would cost me, but counting it worth the cost.