• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Housing Market Gloom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Housing Market Gloom

well folks the Oh Dear (tm) brand has been hibernating for a while but it now looks like economic conditions are determining the reserection of the Oh Dear (tm) brand as a lot of Oh Dear (tm) brand worthy material is appearing in the media beginning with this one...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2253663.ece

'Confidence in Britain’s housing market is drying up as would-be purchasers gloomily await the worst from the Bank of England, a leading survey of the sector finds today. ',

Good luck folks.

Milan.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    If they think 5.75% is the worst, pity help them...
    They're not far off - won't go beyond 6% IMHO
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Loosely measured, Interest rate = Inflation + growth.

I read this somewhere before... I think in a Richy Rich comic.

Comment

Isn't this what you always get in the papers?

GLOOM: house prices set to fall off this month

then 6 weeks later

BOOM: nope, they went up after all

Comment

“We expect the repossession rate to rise again this year, in response to, amongst other things, rising capacity pressures and high money supply growth. This will . . . push down housing market activity levels. We expect house price growth to be markedly weaker by the end of the year.”

Surely they mean mortgage rate? else that paragraph doesn't make sense. Does anyone proof read newspapers anymore?
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 August 2007, 11:30.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I see two scenarios:

Scenario 1: banks withdraw credit causing a full blown housing crash, misery and negative equity.

Scenario 2: Liquidity withdrawn by bank is replaced by greedy high risk intergalactic investors perhaps from Andromeda, or using time travel buyers access capital from future generations, thus providing liquidity to keep the market going.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              I see two scenarios:

Scenario 1: banks withdraw credit causing a full blown housing crash, misery and negative equity.

Scenario 2: Liquidity withdrawn by bank is replaced by greedy high risk intergalactic investors perhaps from Andromeda, or using time travel buyers access capital from future generations, thus providing liquidity to keep the market going.
              Scenario 3: hordes of immigrants leaving their EU country push up the house prices until the population of England is around 700 milion. All the other countries will be slaves to her Majesty. At that stage England has to take over Africa, South America and a continent of your choice or kill the yellow brigade.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Cue "Land of Hope & Glory" plus "Rule Brittania"...
                And a toast with Victory Gin!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                  And a toast with Victory Gin!
                  I guess Bombay Sapphire gin leaves a nasty outsourced taste in many circles in the UK these days....

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
                    I guess Bombay Sapphire gin leaves a nasty outsourced taste in many circles in the UK these days....
                    Surely that would be Mumbai Sapphire now

Comment

Working...
                    X