PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Capsules

Cooperinliverp00l
14th August 2007, 12:06
As one of our wedding presents the "Wife" insisted she wanted a coffee machine and so we had one. It is a Nestcafe Dolce Gusto. It's quite nice and does kick out a mean cup of coffee / hot choc. Only thing is there are only 8 drinks per box of capsules which costs about £3 a box.

Might be just me being a tight @rse but the rate the wife gets through them i'm going to need another mortgage.

Anyway background over with now to the point of the thread. Does anyone have one of these machines ?? where do you get your capsules from ?? is there a bulk buy / wholesale website somewhere that i can order them from (i have looked with no luck)

Thanks as always your newly married Scouse colleague (maybe or maybe not from liverpool)

SandyDown
14th August 2007, 12:12
Kick the nasty caffeine habit. Free your mind

(and save your money :D)

Why not put it as a challenge, challenge your wife to kick the habit

DaveB
14th August 2007, 12:16
Buy a regular coffee maker and a supply of decent ground coffee or beans. Use that yourself. The first time she runs out of the little coffee pods she'll use the other machine and then not bother to buy any more pods :)

Methuselah
14th August 2007, 12:49
Buy a regular coffee maker and a supply of decent ground coffee or beans. Use that yourself. The first time she runs out of the little coffee pods she'll use the other machine and then not bother to buy any more pods :)Dream on. She'll complain about the space taken up by your machine, and the mess that it makes. Then when she runs out of the pods she'll get you to make her coffee, until you get more pods.

Cooperinliverp00l
14th August 2007, 12:59
Dream on. She'll complain about the space taken up by your machine, and the mess that it makes. Then when she runs out of the pods she'll get you to make her coffee, until you get more pods.

no win situation then. All i want to do is just buy in bulk not even Ebay can help out with an attractive price.

DaveB
14th August 2007, 13:48
no win situation then. All i want to do is just buy in bulk not even Ebay can help out with an attractive price.

Thats the point, they are like printers. The Printer itself, or in this case the coffee machine, are heavily discounted the consmuables cost a fortune.

MrsGoof
15th August 2007, 14:14
is what you want ?
http://home-garden.search.ebay.co.uk/nescafe_Coffee-Coffee-Making_W0QQsacatZ14309

richard-af
15th August 2007, 14:21
Emulate coffee shop taste using mid-price, foil-packaged, ground coffee and add a teaspoon of ground espresso coffee. Works a treat.

ThomasSoerensen
15th August 2007, 15:11
I get the pods in a pack of 16 for 3,49 EUR. For the office machine.

But this problem is exactly why I did not want a machine with any kind of pods as they are, as stated above, just like printers, money machines for the producer. And further, what happens when the producer discontinues the pods. Then you have to throw away the machine.

give the machine back to the shop and get one where you are not tied to a particular format of coffee.

Sorry for delivering bad news.