• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee Capsules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee Capsules

As one of our wedding presents the "Wife" insisted she wanted a coffee machine and so we had one. It is a Nestcafe Dolce Gusto. It's quite nice and does kick out a mean cup of coffee / hot choc. Only thing is there are only 8 drinks per box of capsules which costs about £3 a box.

Might be just me being a tight @rse but the rate the wife gets through them i'm going to need another mortgage.

Anyway background over with now to the point of the thread. Does anyone have one of these machines ?? where do you get your capsules from ?? is there a bulk buy / wholesale website somewhere that i can order them from (i have looked with no luck)

Thanks as always your newly married Scouse colleague (maybe or maybe not from liverpool)
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Kick the nasty caffeine habit. Free your mind

(and save your money )

Why not put it as a challenge, challenge your wife to kick the habit

Comment

Buy a regular coffee maker and a supply of decent ground coffee or beans. Use that yourself. The first time she runs out of the little coffee pods she'll use the other machine and then not bother to buy any more pods
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Buy a regular coffee maker and a supply of decent ground coffee or beans. Use that yourself. The first time she runs out of the little coffee pods she'll use the other machine and then not bother to buy any more pods
        Dream on. She'll complain about the space taken up by your machine, and the mess that it makes. Then when she runs out of the pods she'll get you to make her coffee, until you get more pods.
        Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Originally posted by Methuselah View Post
          Dream on. She'll complain about the space taken up by your machine, and the mess that it makes. Then when she runs out of the pods she'll get you to make her coffee, until you get more pods.
          no win situation then. All i want to do is just buy in bulk not even Ebay can help out with an attractive price.
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
            no win situation then. All i want to do is just buy in bulk not even Ebay can help out with an attractive price.
            Thats the point, they are like printers. The Printer itself, or in this case the coffee machine, are heavily discounted the consmuables cost a fortune.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

is what you want ?
              http://home-garden.search.ebay.co.uk...0QQsacatZ14309
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Emulate coffee shop taste using mid-price, foil-packaged, ground coffee and add a teaspoon of ground espresso coffee. Works a treat.

Comment

I get the pods in a pack of 16 for 3,49 EUR. For the office machine.

But this problem is exactly why I did not want a machine with any kind of pods as they are, as stated above, just like printers, money machines for the producer. And further, what happens when the producer discontinues the pods. Then you have to throw away the machine.

give the machine back to the shop and get one where you are not tied to a particular format of coffee.

Sorry for delivering bad news.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                  X