• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To all you lazy quoters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all you lazy quoters

<rant> When someone posts a long message on our beloved forum, why do so many feel the need to quote the whole damn thing? I would imagine that *most* of us are clever enough to work out what you are referring to without you having to quote the whole darn message. It's annoying to see thick people quote the (long) original message for no reason but laziness.

If you want to quote something just quote what you believe is relevant to your point and not the whole message. </rant>

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    <rant> When someone posts a long message on our beloved forum, why do so many feel the need to quote the whole damn thing? I would imagine that *most* of us are clever enough to work out what you are referring to without you having to quote the whole darn message. It's annoying to see thick people quote the (long) original message for no reason but laziness.

If you want to quote something just quote what you believe is relevant to your point and not the whole message. </rant>

hear hear

Comment

ok.

Comment

Not sure I get your point...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Soo very tempted to quote the above lot and keep a trend going

I agree though

Looks like others have beaten me to it!
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt View Post
            hear hear
            Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            ok.
            Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            Not sure I get your point...
            Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
            Soo very tempted to quote the above lot and keep a trend going

I agree though
            It's easier with this multi-quote thingy.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Absolutely.
                Agreed.

Comment

People, if you feel the need to complain about minutia, please don't create a post, then I won't have to waste my time reading it. Just do what most internet warriors would do in real life and mutter your disproval under your breath (for fear of a duffing up)

Oooh it makes me so mad it does
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

ME TOO!!!
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X