• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Isle of Wight holiday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Wight holiday?

Hi all,

Very sad I know but anyone been on a family holiday to IOW?

Which resort and places to see would you recommend.

My life is sooooooo rock n roll

Cheers,

Rich.

I suggest you change your ID to poory poor forthwith.

Comment

Yes. About three years ago we went on a 3D activity holiday in a place called Canada, five minutes off the ferry. I'd recommend it, especially if you like heights, wires and trees, building boats, swordfighting, archery, and all that stuff.

Comment

Yes used to go often when kids were younger, many many things to do and places to visit, we usually stay in any B+B most have family rooms, the Island is very small and you can drive round it in an hour or so, I do recommend Sandown which is the best for a family.

Comment

I promised my wife a cruise next year.....little does she know the IoW ferry features in my plans
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Went to Sark last week, lovely place no cars just bicycles and the odd horse & cart. Sunny the whole time!!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Blackgang Chine on the IOW is always worth a visit. It has that added frisson to excite in that a little bit more of it might just fall into the sea whilst you're there...

Comment

I once had lunch in the Isle of Wight. Private plane from North London, just an hour each way
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                  Yes. About three years ago we went on a 3D activity holiday in a place called Canada, five minutes off the ferry. I'd recommend it, especially if you like heights, wires and trees, building boats, swordfighting, archery, and all that stuff.
                  Just to clarify - not THE Canada, obviously. Actually, it might be called Little Canada, I can't remember, but it's on the opposite bank of the estuary to Fishbourne ferry.

I've just remembered there's Carrisbrooke castle there too, where they do all kinds of medieaval stuff and you can walk all around the battlements. Worth a visit.

Comment

Isle of tulipe, more like. Fail, utterly, to see its appeal.

If it's that neck of the woods you are interested in, my advice is stay in Bournemouth. Better views, more to do, and a good launching pad for the surrounding attractions, like the New Forest, Swanage, IoW(!), and all that. Southampton's a toilet, mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X