PDA

View Full Version : CUK General threads condensed into one book

GreenerGrass
15th August 2007, 07:23
Its called 'Time to Emigrate?' By George Walden.

Anyone read it?
Its got the lot in one long rant: immigrants, house prices, the collapse of law and order, yob nation, the evil of political correctness suppressing free thought.

Buy a copy now before its banned by lefties!

sasguru
15th August 2007, 08:23
Yeah I skimmed it in WHS. You're right it's the usual emotional middle-aged man whinge you get on here. Quite dull really.

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 10:31
Does anyone on here really want to emigrate?

realityhack
15th August 2007, 10:35
Eventually - I'm open minded about it but I know a few people who have - to Canada, Oz and SA.

If the situation in SA improves I'd seriously consider it, but not for the next 5 years.

Pickle2
15th August 2007, 10:56
Im amazed that people like this guy dont see the double standards in wanting to emigrate to somewhere else because of people emigrating here.

You cant be, on the one hand, against immigration to this country, but on the other hand be in favour of our right to emmigrate to someone elses back yard.

TheFaQQer
15th August 2007, 11:16
Does anyone on here really want to emigrate?

Yes - perhaps not permanently, but I quite fancy a long stint abroad.

Canada or Australia sound good at the moment.

FiveTimes
15th August 2007, 11:17
Im amazed that people like this guy dont see the double standards in wanting to emigrate to somewhere else because of people emigrating here.

You cant be, on the one hand, against immigration to this country, but on the other hand be in favour of our right to emmigrate to someone elses back yard.

I think the difference is that you will be able to contribute to the country you emigrate to, either skills, ability to fund yourself etc...
Where as some people who immigrate to the UK, can't offer anything to the country apart from a drain on its resources.

Hardly double standards....

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 11:28

You cant be, on the one hand, against immigration to this country, but on the other hand be in favour of our right to emmigrate to someone elses back yard.This is a reasonable point, but there is a good answer.

Whereas we have unfettered immigration to here, for a Brit to emigrate anywhere like Oz, USA or Canada you've got to be "worthy" according to their qualification systems.

So, as FiveTimes says, such countries keep their immigration numbers down to proper levels, and only let in those who will contribute most.

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 11:36
Which counts me out due to my great antiquity...:oIIRC for Australia, your points start reducing after the age of 42. :eyes

But you can make them up elsewhere...

alreadypacked
15th August 2007, 11:40
Wendigo Godlike congrats, did you change your photo yet?

Bagpuss
15th August 2007, 11:40
IIRC for Australia, your points start reducing after an IQ of 42. :eyes

Are you sure you can't get in?
:smokin

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 11:44
Wendigo Godlike congrats, did you change your photo yet?Good heavens, I hadn't noticed. Thanks.:smile

No, I've still got the dodgy lady and I've still got them turned off. I must get around to it soon... (mutter, mutter)

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 11:47
Ah.

Another recruit to the ranks of the minor deities... :DIndeed. I've been killing hunters in the Canadian forests as a lay deity until now.

FiveTimes
15th August 2007, 11:48
IIRC for Australia, your points start reducing after the age of 42. :eyes

I think the scoring for age starts to go down from the age of 35. Under 35 = 15pts, then its all down hill...

You can make it up, especially if you deposit 100K dollars for 12 months (~45K sterling), that gains you 5/10 points I think.

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 11:50
Are you sure you can't get in?
:smokinI haven't tried. I looked into it 20-odd years ago when I was still a young and thrusting professional, but I moved to Edlesborough instead.

gables
15th August 2007, 11:56

oh bollox that's me out then!!

Ruprect
15th August 2007, 12:00
Its called 'Time to Emigrate?' By George Walden.

Anyone read it?
Its got the lot in one long rant: immigrants, house prices, the collapse of law and order, yob nation, the evil of political correctness suppressing free thought.

Buy a copy now before its banned by lefties!

Does it mention IR35?

alreadypacked
15th August 2007, 12:01
I moved to Edlesborough instead.

Carefull you may lose your Godlike status for that :D

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 12:03
Carefull you may lose your Godlike status for that :DIndeed. My Edlesborough passport photo doesn't do me justice. :smile

TheFaQQer
15th August 2007, 12:05
I moved to Edlesborough instead.

Isn't that where Neighbours is set?

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 12:08
Isn't that where Neighbours is set?No, that's Erinsborough I think.

Methuselah
15th August 2007, 12:16

But you can make them up elsewhere...ISTR that from 45 you have just had it. No Go. For NZ it's over 55.

For Canada the points for age go down, but only to 0. So theoretically you could get in at 65. You'd need fluent English and French, and a job offer, though.

_V_
15th August 2007, 12:19
Don't worry, if you are old now, the UK government will look after you.

:rollin:

Methuselah
15th August 2007, 15:10
Don't worry, if you are old now, the UK government will look after you.

:rollin:Not if I'm a working contractor, it won't.

Pickle2
15th August 2007, 15:27
I think the difference is that you will be able to contribute to the country you emigrate to, either skills, ability to fund yourself etc...
Where as some people who immigrate to the UK, can't offer anything to the country apart from a drain on its resources.

Hardly double standards....

This is utter rollox Im afraid. Most immigrants who come to this country DO support themselves.

Im not sure what the 1 million+ aging orange chavs that have taken route in southern spain offer to the country over there....

But either way, we have to replace them with someone. Personaly, im quite happy with the million or so eastern europeans that have replaced them.

TheFaQQer
15th August 2007, 19:35
No, that's Erinsborough I think.

Ah - knew it was something like that.

I've just looked up Edlesborough in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edlesborough), and it says in the middle

IS THE BEST VILLAGE WE RUN TINGS!!!!

Is that true?

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 19:54
Ah - knew it was something like that.

I've just looked up Edlesborough in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edlesborough), and it says in the middle

IS THE BEST VILLAGE WE RUN TINGS!!!!

Is that true?I couldn't find that quote in the article, but it sounds like Clive, our perpetually pissed up pet farmhand.:freaky:

wendigo100
15th August 2007, 19:56
ISTR that from 45 you have just had it. No Go. For NZ it's over 55.

For Canada the points for age go down, but only to 0. So theoretically you could get in at 65. You'd need fluent English and French, and a job offer, though.Thanks for the correction, Methuselah. I guess you're out of the running at 900 years old then!

shoes
15th August 2007, 20:46
Im not sure what the 1 million+ aging orange chavs that have taken route in southern spain offer to the country over there....

But either way, we have to replace them with someone. Personaly, im quite happy with the million or so eastern europeans that have replaced them.

It's a good point, often ignored. If you go into a typical 'new town' in the south east during the working week the chavs you see dragging their knuckles about make me ashamed to be english. If you then go into a starbucks or similar you're greeted by attractive non-fat intelligent eastern europeans working hard behind the counter and being polite. England is a beautiful country, and the english increasingly don't deserve to be here!

Having lit that touch paper I'm now going to stand well back. :D

Diver
15th August 2007, 22:15
It's a good point, often ignored. If you go into a typical 'new town' in the south east during the working week the chavs you see dragging their knuckles about make me ashamed to be english. If you then go into a starbucks or similar you're greeted by attractive non-fat intelligent eastern europeans working hard behind the counter and being polite. England is a beautiful country, and the english increasingly don't deserve to be here!

Having lit that touch paper I'm now going to stand well back. :D

I would say "Drag him through the streets and burn him" but unfortunately I am starting to agree with him. :eek:

Methuselah
16th August 2007, 08:01
Thanks for the correction, Methuselah. I guess you're out of the running at 900 years old then!No, that's exactly the point: I don't get barred for being over an age limit (there is none), nor ruled out by an impossibly high negative score. The age score only goes down to zero, and I have enough points without it.

Anyway, I am 969