• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK General threads condensed into one book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK General threads condensed into one book

Its called 'Time to Emigrate?' By George Walden.

Anyone read it?
    Its got the lot in one long rant: immigrants, house prices, the collapse of law and order, yob nation, the evil of political correctness suppressing free thought.

Buy a copy now before its banned by lefties!

Yeah I skimmed it in WHS. You're right it's the usual emotional middle-aged man whinge you get on here. Quite dull really.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Does anyone on here really want to emigrate?

Comment

Eventually - I'm open minded about it but I know a few people who have - to Canada, Oz and SA.

If the situation in SA improves I'd seriously consider it, but not for the next 5 years.

Comment

Im amazed that people like this guy dont see the double standards in wanting to emigrate to somewhere else because of people emigrating here.

You cant be, on the one hand, against immigration to this country, but on the other hand be in favour of our right to emmigrate to someone elses back yard.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            Does anyone on here really want to emigrate?
            Yes - perhaps not permanently, but I quite fancy a long stint abroad.

Canada or Australia sound good at the moment.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
              Im amazed that people like this guy dont see the double standards in wanting to emigrate to somewhere else because of people emigrating here.

You cant be, on the one hand, against immigration to this country, but on the other hand be in favour of our right to emmigrate to someone elses back yard.
              I think the difference is that you will be able to contribute to the country you emigrate to, either skills, ability to fund yourself etc...
              Where as some people who immigrate to the UK, can't offer anything to the country apart from a drain on its resources.

Hardly double standards....

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post

This is a reasonable point, but there is a good answer.

Whereas we have unfettered immigration to here, for a Brit to emigrate anywhere like Oz, USA or Canada you've got to be "worthy" according to their qualification systems.

So, as FiveTimes says, such countries keep their immigration numbers down to proper levels, and only let in those who will contribute most.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Which counts me out due to my great antiquity...
                  IIRC for Australia, your points start reducing after the age of 42.

But you can make them up elsewhere...

Comment

Wendigo Godlike congrats, did you change your photo yet?
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X