• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is Utterly Wrong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Utterly Wrong

Link - http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/fro...751555449.html

Dublin City Council has decided to ban its tenants from owning certain breeds of dogs following a number of dog attacks. Tenants who own such breeds and who fail to get rid of their animals face eviction.

This is the kind of crass diktat I would expect from a New Lie council. It penalises the majority of responsible dog owners in order to address a problem of the few. Doesn't the council have powers to deal with individual cases where owners fail to keep a dog under control? Or is it too much of an 'elf 'n safety issue for council bods to have the spine and the balls to deal with these irresponsible owners?

I've kept Dobermans for years and you can train them to be the most gentle placid animals or the best guard dogs in the world. I have friends who keep Rotwiellers and Alsatians and they train their dogs not to be a danger to people or other dogs. - it's all down to the owner, not the dog.

I can see other councils across England, Wales and Scotland watching very closely to see how Dublin handles this and how successful it is. It's only a matter of time before it arrives here.

PS - on this new forum, I don't get a prompt to link a word to a URL - has something changed?

The issue, surely, is that if a Doberman, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, or other such breed of dog attacks someone, the victim is more likely to suffer serious injury. I realize that even a cute and cuddly labrador can bite and become aggressive, etc., but the aforementioned breeds are powerful animals when mature. I agree with the council on this one. Too many twonks have dogs, kids, you name it, that they never had any intention of keeping under control.

Comment

Rather than banning the breed of dog, wouldn't it be better to ban certain people from owning any dog. Any animal is a product of it's upbringing. These dogs statistically do seem to feature more in the press for attacking people, but you tend to find that these types of dogs appeal more to people of a certain type. I'm not saying that anybody who owns one of these dogs is a pikey fecker, but all pikey feckers seem to own these types of dogs. So ban the pikey fecker and leave the responsible owners and their pets alone.

I'm not a dog lover, but I do think this is wrong.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

richard old chap, spelling rants are one thing but made up words "TWONKS" ffs

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          So ban the pikey fecker and leave the responsible owners and their pets alone
          Bravo!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
            richard old chap, spelling rants are one thing but made up words "TWONKS" ffs
            See: http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/t.htm

You see, I'm just an urban warrior, with all the moves, that's all.
            Last edited by richard-af; 15 August 2007, 09:01.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
              See: http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/t.htm

You see, I'm just an urban warrior, with all the moves, that's all.
              I'm with you on this one.. I've used twonks loads... maybe it could be the word of the day ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                I'm with you on this one.. I've used twonks loads... maybe it could be the word of the day ?
                Yes! And the first of today's Twonk awards goes to mrdonuts, who couldn't be bothered to Google for a single word. Well done mrdonuts, you donut!

Comment

Yes! And the first of today's Twonk awards goes to mrdonuts, who couldn't be bothered to Google for a single word. Well done mrdonuts, you donut!
                  Now you are just showing off... ? Twonk and donut in the same thread... you really are an urban warror

Comment

What next ??? Numpty ?

Comment

Working...
                    X