• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: FTSE under 6000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: FTSE under 6000

Opened 122 points down. Its carnage out there, the sky is falling in, we're all doomed.

Miners/'Natural Resources' were already down about 20% in a month, could be worth picking up a few bargains today unless the end of capitalism is nigh.

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    Opened 122 points down. Its carnage out there, the sky is falling in, we're all doomed.

Miners/'Natural Resources' were already down about 20% in a month, could be worth picking up a few bargains today unless the end of capitalism is nigh.
    Buy gold & head for the hills
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Doomed!

Doomed I tells yer!

Comment

there are not many people who did not lose money on the dot coms not so many years ago

these losses are not distant memories but painfully held in most people's heads

therefore these days, unlock before, as soon as those who were burnt for holding at the end of dot com see things going down, they know to liquidate immediately and better have something rather than nothing

therefore, the falls we are seeing at the moment, in my opinion, have the potential to really snowball

I only hope there is not a major credit crunch and recession

if anybody of higher being is reading this, please let the current situation continue until I am 40

thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          I only hope there is not a major credit crunch and recession

if anybody of higher being is reading this, please let the current situation continue until I am 40

thanks,

Milan.
          Recession is long overdue... USA is slated for 2 x quarters of zero growth ( with inflation does that equate to a negative?)

Still Brown promised no return to boom 'n bust
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The USA is doomed, only the BRIC countries can save us now!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Still Brown promised no return to boom 'n bust
              That was under a previous leader and so is now inadmissable. Surely he can't be held responsible for the failings of previous leaderships, that just wouldn't be 'fair'?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
                The USA is doomed, only the BRIC countries can save us now!
                Ha! Latin America down 10%, China 8%. Ouch.
                Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

hands up if you love the AU

further to what I said above, I think those who were burn't last time, know, this time, as soon as the tide turns to liquidate and get out and not dream that it's just a correction and prices will come back

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                  X