• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kredit Krunch - how much have you lost this month?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kredit Krunch - how much have you lost this month?

For those of you who find the "how much do I earn / how much is my house worth"-type threads just a little too smug....

I have been keeping an eye on my various pensions schemes and they have lost around £8,000 since the beginning of the month. Of course, this is not real money and a pension is a marathon, not a sprint (just the the Premier League or whatever it's called these days).

Who's got the balls to admit they've lost (at least on paper) more serious amounts of dosh?

Think how much your house has gone up though.

Comment

I haven't got a pension, or any shares/bets at the moment so zero losses so far.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

£28K in the past 2 months.

Mind you I had made £12K in the previous 3 months, but it aint good.

It makes no sense - with the property market so high I thought the FTSE would be less risky - it was lower at 6250 where I got in than it was in 1998!
        Last edited by KentPhilip; 17 August 2007, 09:43.

Comment

I have my managed funds with an Irish bank; they don't send statements out when the fund loses money.

Ignorance is bliss
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

What goes around, merry go round

If borrowing becomes more expensive/difficult to obtain, first-time buyers won't be able to on the first rung of the ladder, and the whole unsustainable merry-go-round of rising property prices will grind to a halt.

Comment

The FTSE 100 is looking massively oversold on a P/E basis
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Loads.

Hooray for my sharia bank shares though, which have weathered the infidel credit crash nicely, insh'Allah. Wish I'd had more of them.

Comment

taking P/E at face value can be a bit dangerous, if the companies future earnings are about to go down the toilet and it had a P/E of say 12 its probably still not something you would want to buy and hold

Comment

Troll,

that may be so for today,

but what if,

as a result of a credit crunch

forward looking earnings are reduced ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X