• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn.com

Is anyone one here a member, I am and have found several old work contacts....its a good way to keep in touch.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Yes but I can never be arsed with it.

Comment

I have an account and had a raft of things come through it about 2 weeks ago. I put it down to 1 agency suddenly realising it was there and spamming everybody on thier mailing lists.

Must admit i have it just sitting there and haven't bothered adding any details, if I get a few more agents asking me to join thier network I may bother putting something up next time i'm on the bench.

Comment

Yes. Only 1 contact. But he is a techie "star". So I win.

Comment

Yes, although I have never had anything come from it, it cannot do too much harm (hopefully not famous last words)

Comment

I'm on it - might be in line for some work from it in the autumn for somebody I used to work for.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'm on LinkedIn and have made contact with some of the chaps I used to work with.

It all helps with the old networking thing. You get out what you put in.

Comment

I'm in - got 50 something contacts.

I also signed up to the PCG group on there, just as an extra thingy on my CV.

I've had some contacts through there, but no work come from it yet...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Woo I now have 8 connections
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'm on it. Got quite a lot of connections but then I've been about a bit ... !!

Have had e-mails about possible work because of it, but have had also had calls trying to get business from me because of it (doesn't help that the switchboard will put people straight to me!!)

Hate it when the professional networkers (only got mates in the virtual world) send me invites when I have never heard of them.

Like it when someone I worked with years ago who I liked gets in touch

Windy

Comment

Working...
                    X