PDA

View Full Version : FaceBook

Cooperinliverp00l
17th August 2007, 14:31
Ok i have just been introduced to this by my sister-in-law as a way of sharing some pics as she is in Holland.

I must admit i'm now becoming addicted to it. Does anyone else have an account on there and what do you think about it.

My favourite feature is being able to buy a drink for someone. (all virtual)

Clippy
17th August 2007, 14:34
Yes it is addictive in a pure time-waste kind of way.

Am slowly weaning myself off it though.

Cooperinliverp00l
17th August 2007, 14:40
Yes it is addictive in a pure time-waste kind of way.

Am slowly weaning myself off it though.

And are you getting help with that or are you going cold turkey. I can't wait till i get home and have another fix of it.

FiveTimes
17th August 2007, 14:51
And are you getting help with that or are you going cold turkey. I can't wait till i get home and have another fix of it.

So has the novelty of married life worn off already :laugh

The internet is your best friend :banana:

cailin maith
17th August 2007, 14:51
I like it, it's a good way to keep in touch with friends who are travelling and my friends from home... can see all the pics and like you say, buy 'em a drink if you want to! :yay:

Cooperinliverp00l
17th August 2007, 14:56
I find it completely pointless.

It's because I'm a boring old fart.

There's a CUK group thingie on there by the way.

So it does.....how cool just when i thought the site couldn't amaze me anymore it does. Have joined up so may speak to some of you on there.

Cooperinliverp00l
17th August 2007, 15:00
So has the novelty of married life worn off already :laugh

The internet is your best friend :banana:

Only really use it at work. When i go home i spend every waiting moment with my new wife....! except for during football and when the lads come round.....oh and when i have to go and walk the dog or wash the car or do DIY.......and actually have i mentioned except for when i go to the pub with work mates.

Ardesco
17th August 2007, 15:07
I have got quite addicted to the Pirates game, also found about 10 people I used to know with but lost touch with so far!!! :)

realityhack
17th August 2007, 15:10
Graffiti is brilliant - especially with a graphics tablet. :D

cailin maith
17th August 2007, 15:11
I have got quite addicted to the Pirates game, also found about 10 people I used to know with but lost touch with so far!!! :)

I like the pirates too - have you seen the magic 8 ball? Answers all my dilemma's perfectly! :D

SallyAnne
17th August 2007, 22:14
Get yourself onto "CUK slackers" then! :D

Its the funkyist group on facebook :D

Diver
17th August 2007, 23:11
Oh! so now I am funky too :D
Hi Sal Hi everybody :wave:
Just popped into facebook myself, according to a post on there el duder has apparently been banned from F.U.K:D

>>070813 CUK has come out of the darkness once more after being down all weekend with a server migration, and after a slow start this morning.
Duder made a mysterious appearance on FUK, and was banned again. His alter ego(s) haven't yet been discovered by the mods on FUK or CUK.
It sounds like I'm swearing - but these are the abbreviations, honest.
SA and 'Mrs Diver' are one and the same at different times, and mustn't be allowed near each other lest the space-time continuum is damaged.
It's like Hollyoaks, but un-scripted.<<

Just popped into F.U.K he hasn't you know :wink

Cooperinliverp00l
18th August 2007, 19:54
Get yourself onto "CUK slackers" then! :D

Its the funkyist group on facebook :D

are you a member then SA. I'm on there and can't work out which person you would be unless your not joined up to the group.

Gonzo
18th August 2007, 20:17
are you a member then SA. I'm on there and can't work out which person you would be unless your not joined up to the group.She was, picture and all. But since she was the only girl it was possible to link her real name with her ID on here. From that you could google her company name, her address and her CV. So I can't really blame her for wanting to be a little more anonymous.:eyes

Diver
18th August 2007, 21:55
She was, picture and all. But since she was the only girl it was possible to link her real name with her ID on here. From that you could google her company name, her address and her CV. So I can't really blame her for wanting to be a little more anonymous.:eyes

Well done Gonzo for not revealing all.
You really are a gentlmuppet :D

Gonzo
18th August 2007, 22:01
Well done Gonzo for not revealing all.
You really are a gentlmuppet :D
:rollin:

I am sure that all of us that have met in real life would extend the same courtesy.

Discretion is the better part of valour. I never tell anyone anything about anything.:D

Diver
18th August 2007, 22:11
I myself don't care who knows who I am really.
Practically my whole life is spread out in these threads anyway, with very few minor alterations.
My photo is on facebook as is my first name, as is the name of one of my companies, including photo's taken on one of the contracts I am currently undertaking on the marine civil's side
What I will not post are financial details or my residential address, there common sense prevails.

Gonzo
18th August 2007, 22:17
I myself don't care who knows who I am really.
Practically my whole life is spread out in these threads anyway, with very few minor alterations.
My photo is on facebook as is my first name, as is the name of one of my companies, including photo's taken on one of the contracts I am currently undertaking on the marine civil's side
What I will not post are financial details or my residential address, there common sense prevails.I've seen your photo and I don't think that you need to worry about anyone trying to take you on.:D

Sadly, women have a bit more to worry about on that score.

Diver
18th August 2007, 22:21
I've seen your photo and I don't think that you need to worry about anyone trying to take you on.:D

Sadly, women have a bit more to worry about on that score.

The female members might try to stalk and molest me :D

Ok! I know, wishful thinking

Some women like a bit of rough :laugh

Gonzo
18th August 2007, 22:33
Some women like a bit of rough :laughI think that that is true.

Mrs Gonzo gets excited about Patrick Swayze and Christian Slater, so it is lucky that i look a bit (but not much) like both of them:D

Diver
18th August 2007, 22:49
I think that that is true.

Mrs Gonzo gets excited about Patrick Swayze and Christian Slater, so it is lucky that i look a bit (but not much) like both of them:D

It's the nose :D
And you have plenty of color in your cheeks too :laugh

SallyAnne
19th August 2007, 08:14
She was, picture and all. But since she was the only girl it was possible to link her real name with her ID on here. From that you could google her company name, her address and her CV. So I can't really blame her for wanting to be a little more anonymous.:eyes

Exactly! You're very wise Gonz :hug:

daviejones
20th August 2007, 12:35
So, who else is on here then?

Cooperinliverp00l
20th August 2007, 13:03
So, who else is on here then?

me

NoddY
20th August 2007, 14:26
I'd nearly sign up but I've got multiple personality disorder, so I don't know which me to register with.

alreadypacked
20th August 2007, 14:29
I'd nearly sign up but I've got multiple personality disorder, so I don't know which me to register with.

Do what you do here, register them all :tongue

daviejones
20th August 2007, 14:32
Do what you do here, register them all :tongue

Are you on AP? I see a few people here, some old, some new are on!!