• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anonymously tip-off the IR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anonymously tip-off the IR

Anyone ever made an anonymous tip-off to the Inland Revenue? What is the best way to go about.

A guy did me over in a business deal a few years ago. It cost me a lot of money. Now it look pretty obvious he is committing some tax fraud and I'd like to make sure that the right people notice.

In the old days your approach would have had merit, tax evasion was illegal and morally wrong.

Today I actually find myself saluting anyone avoiding contributing willingly to this shambolic state

How did it ever come to this?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

DieScum,

may I ask, are you Mr Perfect ?

Do unto others as you would like done to yourself.

Milan.

Comment

How do you know he is committing a tax fraud ?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yep,

A builder fly tipped some stuff near where I live. When looking through the stuff for evidence of who did it, I found clear evidence that he had done some cash jobs (tens of thousands of pounds).
          I sent it to the revenue and asked them to let me know how they got on. Got a nice call a few days later thanking me for sending it to them and saying that because of some privacy thing, they wouldn't be able to let me know but that the evidence was "very nice" and that they would definitely be pursuing it. I never found out what happened.

I'm pretty sure you can report fraud via their website these days.

I don't mind the average hard working person avoiding tax, but if they p15s me off, they are fair game...
          Back at the coal face

Comment

Dobbing anyone in to HMRC is, I imagine, as easy as can be.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
              Anyone ever made an anonymous tip-off to the Inland Revenue? What is the best way to go about.

A guy did me over in a business deal a few years ago. It cost me a lot of money. Now it look pretty obvious he is committing some tax fraud and I'd like to make sure that the right people notice.

Sorry -did I go to sleep and wake up in Nazi Germany cicrca 1938?

The guy is fiddling a few quid in taxes that would otherwise be wasted on benefits for low-life chavs to fulfil their weekly fags allowance.

Good on him - and shame on you. It's a pity there's not a few more out there like him.

Comment

What a **** grass!
                Last edited by ferret; 20 August 2007, 09:37. Reason: Keep it clean pls

Comment

You curtain-twitching snitch. Deplorable behaviour. Burn him!

Comment

Well done.

Comparing someone wanting to report a crime with a political party that was responsible for mass murder.
                    I can see your logic there.

Comment

Working...
                    X