• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Prices

So what does the panel think, are we in for a full blown housing crash or will the effects of the subprime credit crunch be benign. Female members are invited to vote for and discuss their favourite perfume .
    Full blown housing crash.
    25.81%
    The housing boom will continue after a pause.
    29.03%
    Prices will level off or decline slightly.
    32.26%
    Chanel No 5
    6.45%
    Rive Gauche
    6.45%
    I'm alright Jack

Who is AndyW?

Comment

Cheek!

That’s a bit like saying women can’t be coders.

My guess is the credit squeeze will affect the lower end of the market first. We will see the sales volumes’ reduce and maybe stall before any price reduction over the winter on problem property.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Yeah, I predict a huge crash on prices, especially in and around Goa!!!
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          Yeah, I predict a huge crash on prices, especially in and around Goa!!!
          You wish
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            You wish
            Nah, just wanted to see your reaction
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              Nah, just wanted to see your reaction
              Had some good news about the apartment in Egypt. I can get residency next year when I come back from Goa. Set up a company and not pay tax on oversees income for 10 years.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Hmm… average house owners are staying put as the rungs on the ladder seem further apart the higher they go, below them there are millions clambering on to get on the bottom rungs, the only way the average house owners are going to move up is if the top rungs are easier to reach, I predict a top end blood bath.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Hmm… average house owners are staying put as the rungs on the ladder seem further apart the higher they go, below them there are millions clambering on to get on the bottom rungs, the only way the average house owners are going to move up is if the top rungs are easier to reach, I predict a top end blood bath.
                  That'd be nice! I fancy a mansion!

Comment

Looking at the poll I find the results surprising, in my view Rive Gauche is clearly a much better perfume.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X