• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A thought for the day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thought for the day...

Because I am a Freemason ...

... I believe that freedom of religion is an inalienable human right and tolerance an indispensable trait of human character; therefore, I will stand in my lodge with Brothers of all faiths, and respect their belief, as they respect mine, and I will demonstrate the spirit of Brotherhood in all aspects of my life.

... I know that education and the rational use of the mind are the keys to facing the problems of humanity: therefore, I will bring my questions and my ideas to my lodge, and strive to advance the growth of my mind alongside my Brothers.

... I know that the rich tradition of Freemasonry and its framework of Ritual are important platforms for growth and learning; therefore, I vow to stand upon these platforms to improve myself as a human being, and I vow to help in the mission of the Craft to provide tools, atmosphere, challenges and motivation to help each Brother do the same.

... I know that charity is the distinguishing human virtue, and that personal community service is the best demonstration of one's commitment to humanity; I acknowledge that words without deeds are meaningless, and I vow to work with my Lodge to provide service to the community, and to promote charity, friendship, morality, harmony, integrity, fidelity and love.

... I know that my obligations to community extends beyond my local sphere and is partially fulfilled in my patriotism: love of my country, obedience to its laws and celebration of the freedoms and opportunities it symbolizes.

... I know that leadership is best demonstrated by commitment to serving others; I will therefore participate in, and help work at improving individual leadership skills, and serve the Brothers of my lodge to the best of my ability.

... I know that friendship, fidelity and family are the foundations of a well-lived life; I therefore vow to be a faithful friend to my Brothers, as I expect my lodge to respect my personal obligations, and to treat family as though my family were their own.

... I know that the last great lesson of Freemasonry - the value of personal integrity and the sanctity of one's word - is a lesson for all people in all times; I therefore vow to be a man of my word.

... I know that Masonry's power is best exercised when its Light is shared with the world at large; I
    Therefore vow to bring the best of myself to my lodge, in order that my growth might be fostered and nurtured, and to present myself to the world as a working Freemason, on the path to building a more perfect temple.

Unknown

Winston,

is your father a Mason ?

Milan.

Comment

Can females be masons?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Because I am a Freemason...

...I believe that freedom of religion is an inalienable human right and tolerance an indispensable trait of human character; therefore, I will stand in my lodge with Brothers of all faiths, and respect...

<blah, blah, blah>

...I therefore vow to bring the best of myself to my lodge, in order that my growth might be fostered and nurtured, and to present myself to the world as a working Freemason, on the path to building a more perfect temple.
        Unknown
        Yeah, okay, okay. Now, where's the holy grail?
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Can females be masons?
          A contentious question if ever there was one.

In my opinion, nope.

Can they join a quasi-masonic organisation, of course they can. If you're interested check out "Le Droit Humain".

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
            Yeah, okay, okay. Now, where's the holy grail?
            It's a secret.

Comment

Welcome back Chico.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

It's a secret.
                Well you would say that, wouldn't you?

I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  Welcome back Chico.
                  I am Churchill.

And Francko.

I'm Spartacus.

Comment

A contentious question if ever there was one.

In my opinion, nope.

Can they join a quasi-masonic organisation, of course they can. If you're interested check out "Le Droit Humain".
                    Can they not be maisonettes?

Also -do the masons have a diversity policy?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X