PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye

Billy-Bob
21st August 2007, 09:49
As a nubie to the forum I have to wait hours if not days for my posts to be authorized by the mods. This makes it unfriendly and impossible for nubies.

I was nice knowing you

scotspine
21st August 2007, 09:57
you forgot 'minutes'...and there is a [good] reason for this.

Spartacus
21st August 2007, 09:57
As a nubie to the forum I have to wait hours if not days for my posts to be authorized by the mods. This makes it unfriendly and impossible for nubies.

I was nice knowing you
And you are?

daviejones
21st August 2007, 09:58
Authorized? What kind of speeling is that? You need to use the spill chucker!!!!

snaw
Watch the door doesn't slam your arse on the way out.

thunderlizard
Well, at least we gave you lots of football-watching tips for while you were waiting.

Spartacus
21st August 2007, 10:02
As a nubie to the forum I have to wait hours if not days for my posts to be authorized by the mods.
Is this true? Are all posts vetted now?

scotspine
21st August 2007, 10:05
Is this true? Are all posts vetted now?

no, only posts by new registrants. this was on the back of the flood of stuff we got when p4 went into administration.

wendigo100
21st August 2007, 10:06
Is this true? Are all posts vetted now?I had a cat that was vetted. It was never the same afterwards.

Chantho
21st August 2007, 10:07

I was nice knowing you
Chan

I had a similar "probation period" but it is finally over. Keep posting, don't give up just yet.

wendigo100
21st August 2007, 10:07
no, only posts by new registrants. this was on the back of the flood of stuff we got when p4 went into administration.?

I must have been on holiday. What is p4?

scotspine
21st August 2007, 10:09
http://forums.contractoruk.com/business-contracts/19856-prosperity-4-have-gone-administration.html

Billy-Bob
21st August 2007, 10:12
you forgot 'minutes'...and there is a [good] reason for this.
First post took
5 hours, 2nd on Saturday is still not on the forum.

TheFaQQer
21st August 2007, 10:14
?

I must have been on holiday. What is p4?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/business-contracts/19856-prosperity-4-have-gone-administration.html

Oh no - don't start it all over again...

It ended up as a diatribe against SJD and CUK, which went on and on and on, posting some pretty nasty / libellous things.

wendigo100
21st August 2007, 10:19
http://forums.contractoruk.com/business-contracts/19856-prosperity-4-have-gone-administration.htmlOh. I was on holiday. Did some of them cause you grief then?

wendigo100
21st August 2007, 10:20
Oh no - don't start it all over again...

It ended up as a diatribe against SJD and CUK, which went on and on and on, posting some pretty nasty / libellous things.Sorry, I posted my previous question before I saw this.

Anyway, did it? Some people, eh? tsk tsk

scotspine
21st August 2007, 10:20
Oh. I was on holiday. Did some of them cause you grief then?

understatement! however, things have calmed down again and pretty much back to normal.

administrator
21st August 2007, 10:43
Billy-Bob - the post that is not up yet was deleted as it contributed nothing to the discussion. Once you get to a level of good posts then you can post without moderation. You are struggling to reach that level due to the low number of posts and the low quality of your posts. Fix either and you will be posting freely before you know it.

Before you say about the things that others post on the board... Others here have earned the right to post drivel, you need to earn your stripes now unfortunately and we can choose to be a bit pickier about the quality of posts that we let through from n00bs.

richard-af
21st August 2007, 10:50
Billy-Bob - the post that is not up yet was deleted as it contributed nothing to the discussion. Once you get to a level of good posts then you can post without moderation.

Hear, hear!

Billy-Bob: Unless you temper your postings with jibes, insults and barely-disguised offence, you'll just have to put up with waiting.

Muttley08
21st August 2007, 10:54
Hear, hear!

Billy-Bob: Unless you temper your postings with jibes, insults and barely-disguised offence, you'll just have to put up with waiting.

Ban Him!!

SallyAnne
21st August 2007, 10:56
Billy-Bob - the post that is not up yet was deleted as it contributed nothing to the discussion. Once you get to a level of good posts then you can post without moderation. You are struggling to reach that level due to the low number of posts and the low quality of your posts. Fix either and you will be posting freely before you know it.

Before you say about the things that others post on the board... Others here have earned the right to post drivel, you need to earn your stripes now unfortunately and we can choose to be a bit pickier about the quality of posts that we let through from n00bs.

:rollin:

I cant believe you've just called all new members "noobs" :rollin:

We'd get banned for that!!

daviejones
21st August 2007, 10:57
Bye Bye....Miss American Pie?

Ruprect
21st August 2007, 11:06
Great and abiding grief.

Exacerbated by the new server...

No forum available for what seemed like years...

Yeah, Zeity must have missed about 4000 posts in the time we lost...

realityhack
21st August 2007, 11:07
Drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry...

noobs! :laugh (sorry - just using some of my drivel allowance, guv)

Ardesco
21st August 2007, 11:09
The good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singing this'll be the day that I die.

Troll
21st August 2007, 11:13
Ban Him!!
Seconded!

TheFaQQer
21st August 2007, 11:18
Ban Him!!

Seconded!

Burn him! Burn the witch!

milanbenes
21st August 2007, 11:49
admins,

'Before you say about the things that others post on the board... Others here have earned the right to post drivel, you need to earn your stripes now unfortunately',

nice one

Milan.

Flubster
21st August 2007, 11:54
admins,

'Before you say about the things that others post on the board... Others here have earned the right to post drivel, you need to earn your stripes now unfortunately',

nice one

Milan.
Bet you're glad you're over the threshold now, milan, otherwise you'd never get anything posted on here now under the new regime...

milanbenes
21st August 2007, 12:00
Flubster,

why think you that me old fruit ?

Milan.

sasguru
21st August 2007, 12:01
Flubster,

why think you that me old fruit ?

Milan.

Coz of the unmitigated drivel you post, innit. Unlike me.

milanbenes
21st August 2007, 12:02
everything is relative me old China

one man's drivel is another man's sacred wisdom

read and learn

one day, you will wake up enlightened, you just have to believe

Milan.