• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Important Contractor Subject: Emergency Food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Contractor Subject: Emergency Food

Gentlemen,

the nature of our very important IT work sometimes dictates that we do not have enut time to go for a sit down lunch.

Consequently in such circumstances we need to make provision and have access to ready meals or fast food.

Having just been in such a position which left no room for manouvre with the only possible way out being to subscribe to such convenience ready wonderfood I have tried one of these such convenience foods from a large household name manufacturer and I am not impressed overly with the quality, not to mention I sure I will pay the price sometime later as the contents of said meal are processed internally and discharged.

Was wondering therefore if there are any amongst the honoured membership who have substantial dare I say expert level experience on convenience and and microwave meals and who are in a position to give authoritative advice on which brands and meals are the best offerings in the marketplace on a cost/benefit/quality basis.

Over to you.

Milan.

Any of the steamfresh meals you chuck in the microwave - quick and nutritious. The food doctor meals are quite nice.

Comment

Big Mac.

Comment

In the absence of a sit-down lunch, are you interested in food that can be eaten standing up, or are you interested in a snack / easily prepared foodstuff that can be eaten at a desk / car environment, but not necessarily conducive to being consumed standing up?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

OMG, a microwaved Big Mac

I dread to even imagine what that is like !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Any of the steamfresh meals you chuck in the microwave - quick and nutritious. The food doctor meals are quite nice.
            That's what I've got for tea tonight - smoked chicken and quinoa.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              OMG, a microwaved Big Mac

I dread to even imagine what that is like !

Milan.
              I thought they were. I'm sure Burger King irradiate their stuff.

Comment

as the wisest oriental Sun Tsai would say,

'easily prepared foodstuff that can be eaten at a desk ',

exackery

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Gentlemen,

the nature of our very important IT work sometimes dictates that we do not have enut time to go for a sit down lunch.

Consequently in such circumstances we need to make provision and have access to ready meals or fast food.
                  Please be careful not to eat at your desk during Ramadan, in case it might offend some Muslims.

You probably think I'm joking. Nope.
                  Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Lunch is for wimps (& permies) HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X