• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benes means?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benes means?

Can some of the longer serving members please explain the history of why Mr Benes is referred to as a 'tape changer'.

Mr Benes - please refrain from commenting until all the evidence has been presented.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Can some of the longer serving members please explain the history of why Mr Benes is referred to as a 'tape changer'.

Mr Benes - please refrain from commenting until all the evidence has been presented.
    Does he do backups? Just a guess!!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

He hasn't been referred to as a tape changer ever since he was promoted to firstline technical support.

Comment

I always thought benes means Heinz!!!!!
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

If the cap fits

just goes to show the snobbery in IT especially considering that these tape changer comments are coming from the dot notters doing visual basic for noddy sme clients !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            Does he do backups? Just a guess!!!
            Nope, hence the question.

(I believe Benesie is a 'code monkey').

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              I always thought benes means Heinz!!!!!
              Damn - that's what I was going to say....
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It's been like that as long as I can remember. I think it's because MB tends to keep quiet about what he really does do, leading to speculation.

Comment

I can confirm that MB is at the leading edge of .Net and would encourage all to follow in his highly successful and lucrative footsteps.

He is not some basement-dwelling tape changer and never has been.

HTH

Comment

don't listen to Pondlife he know's nout, tape changing is the future until I can find a way into .Net

are there any books on .Net for tape changers ?

Update on plan b, the management have decided in these uncertain times to grow the venture organically and without the use of external support.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X