• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pig in drain saved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig in drain saved

Linky

There's a certain irony to the fact that emergency services were able to save a pig trapped in a drain, but were unable to save a man trapped in a drain during the floods.

I think it is safe to say it was just that mans time, i mean how unlucky do you have to be to
    a) get your foot stuck in a drain in the first place.. and
    b) to get it stuck in a place where there water is going to get fatally high!?

Comment

Is this story offensive to Muslims?
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

it could be..it mentions pigs..

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Is this story offensive to Muslims?
          Not sure, but don't really care...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by tootie View Post
            I think it is safe to say it was just that mans time, i mean how unlucky do you have to be to
            a) get your foot stuck in a drain in the first place.. and
            b) to get it stuck in a place where there water is going to get fatally high!?
            I wonder why in that situation why nobody thought of using a hose pipe as a breathing tube until they could get him out...
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I wonder why in that situation why nobody thought of using a hose pipe as a breathing tube until they could get him out...
              Hosepipe ban?
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                Hosepipe ban?
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  He died of hypotherma, his head was still out of the water. The Emergency services prevaricated around not wanting to cut his foot off and ended up losing him.

If that was me I've have told the tw@ts to get my foot off.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    He died of hypotherma, his head was still out of the water. The Emergency services prevaricated around not wanting to cut his foot off and ended up losing him.

If that was me I've have told the tw@ts to get my foot off.
                    Where did you read that - most stories are similar to the below, which suggest drowning :
                    Firefighters and divers battled for three hours to rescue the man, thought to be in his twenties, as water rose above his head in the Hessle area of Hull. He died shortly before 3pm.
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X