• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best personal contract hire company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best personal contract hire company?

Could somebody recommend me a good leasing company that provide personal contract hire plans? Preferably one that they've personally used?

I need to get a new car and I want to go down this route but there seems to be a lot of dodgy looking internet companies when I google the subject.

Finally I was thinking of an Audi A3 Sportback 5dr SE. Good choice? Whats the alternatives in the same class that you might think a better buy?

Cheers all

Seriously, buy yourself a bicycle, and save up to pay cash for the car you want.

These contract hire companies are all scum.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyP View Post
      and I want to go down this route
      Thanks for nothing Mr Super Poster!

Comment

Thanks for nothing Mr Super Poster!
        People usually pay me good money for such advice. I come on this board and give it away for free and what do I get: abuse!

Tch!

Think I'll flounce now.

Flounce, flounce, flounce.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Could somebody recommend me a good leasing company that provide personal contract hire plans? Preferably one that they've personally used?

I need to get a new car and I want to go down this route but there seems to be a lot of dodgy looking internet companies when I google the subject.

Finally I was thinking of an Audi A3 Sportback 5dr SE. Good choice? Whats the alternatives in the same class that you might think a better buy?

Cheers all
          Everyone here drives an old diesel Skoda or Passat. We are that wealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
            Everyone here drives an old diesel Skoda or Passat. We are that wealthy.
            Actually, I've got a G reg Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia Mk II

Comment

Treaded is right.

Only get loans for things u can either make money from (investment) or save lives with.

else u will still be paying off the car when its value is less than what u owe the finance people.

Comment

Originally posted by buffdaddy View Post
                Treaded is right.

Only get loans for things u can either make money from (investment) or save lives with.

else u will still be paying off the car when its value is less than what u owe the finance people.
                I don't want to pay it off. I want to lease it.

Comment

What is the benefit of leasing?

I'm no expert, but I believe it is an expensive way to own a car, after all the leasing company need to make a nice fat profit.

If you need a car, why not just buy one and get a rock bottom price when buying using cash. If you don't have the cash, then borrow cheaply and effectively pay cash. When you don't want the car anymore sell it privately.

How can leasing give any benefit to car ownership?

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
                    What is the benefit of leasing?

I'm no expert, but I believe it is an expensive way to own a car, after all the leasing company need to make a nice fat profit.

If you need a car, why not just buy one and get a rock bottom price when buying using cash. If you don't have the cash, then borrow cheaply and effectively pay cash. When you don't want the car anymore sell it privately.

How can leasing give any benefit to car ownership?
                    If the price you pay during the lease period is equal to the depreciation over that time.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X