• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money: loaning to the LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money: loaning to the LTD

On the bench right now so funds in the LTD are running low.....!

If I have funds from outside the LTD is it better to:

1)just use that to live on and make use of a director being able to draw zero salary

2) Make a loan to the company and draw some form of salary as usual.

I am thinking option 1 but for some reason option 2 came to mind......

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    On the bench right now so funds in the LTD are running low.....!

If I have funds from outside the LTD is it better to:

1)just use that to live on and make use of a director being able to draw zero salary

2) Make a loan to the company and draw some form of salary as usual.

I am thinking option 1 but for some reason option 2 came to mind......
    Option 2 - Loan and payback when in funds. Will save you £87 per month in CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason D View Post
      Option 2 - Loan and payback when in funds. Will save you £87 per month in CT.
      How does that save you £87 per month in CT? Where do you calculate the £87 from given the OP hasn't given any figures?

Surely if you loan company money and pay salary you have to pay Employers and Employees NI plus income tax.

If you pay zero salary you don't have to pay any PAYE or NI.

Comment

Originally posted by minstrel View Post
        How does that save you £87 per month in CT? Where do you calculate the £87 from given the OP hasn't given any figures?

Surely if you loan company money and pay salary you have to pay Employers and Employees NI plus income tax.

If you pay zero salary you don't have to pay any PAYE or NI.
        I think that the £87 assumes the £5,000 (ish) a year salary, which is below the threshold for NI and PAYE.

Comment

Working...
        X