• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man arrested over wi-fi 'theft'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man arrested over wi-fi 'theft'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6958429.stm

Clearly, the crime being committed was considerably more harmful than the muggings, shootings, rapes, beatings, dealing, stealing, intimidation and vandalism that takes place in today's urban environments.

I fully support the PCSO's involved for their courage and instinct in tackling this dangerous criminal. The sooner these people are taken from the streets, the better off we'll all be.

Comment

Lock him up and throw away the key. Society needs protecting from these people.

Comment

Rubbish isn't it...

This country seems to protect the stupid and penalise the intelligent.

I take they view that if someone is stupid enough to leave their WifI unsecured then then deserve all they get. Who let the plebs have computers anyway?

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Didn't some company start broadcasting a free wireless signal across London a while back (WIMAX was it?)? If so he could say he thought he was logging onto a free network that he was legally entitled to use as there was no security and nothing stopping him from connecting.

Comment

Bit of a thick tw@t isn't he?

"Excuse me sir, are you sitting in your car connecting illegally to an unsecured computer network?"

"Yes officer"

"Come with me please".

What a dork.

Comment

Sitting in a car outside someone's house using a laptop is a bit sus, don't you think? He could have been trying to intercept their signal and get hold of personal details, or maybe trying to hack into their computer.

I think they did the right thing in nicking him. So there!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                Sitting in a car outside someone's house using a laptop is a bit sus, don't you think? He could have been trying to intercept their signal and get hold of personal details, or maybe trying to hack into their computer.

I think they did the right thing in nicking him. So there!
                It would server the muppets right for not securing their wifi. Amazing how many people still don't bother.

Comment

Isn't that a bit like saying women who dress "tarty" are asking for it or it serves people right who don't have 50 locks on their doors and intruder alarms deserve to be burgled and it's their fault?

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
                    Isn't that a bit like saying women who dress "tarty" are asking for it or it serves people right who don't have 50 locks on their doors and intruder alarms deserve to be burgled and it's their fault?
                    No, but as a responsible citizen you shouldn't actually be leaving your car or house unlocked, or valuable jewellery on your living room window sill. That's more or less an open invitation.

The reasons and consequences for women dressing "tarty" is far too complex for my mind to understand, and I'd be the last to want to get involved in that discussion.

Comment

Working...
                    X