• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most annoying phrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most annoying phrases

An a guy I used to work with managed to start nearly every sentence with "It's basically a case of..." or "What it boils down to". Annoying at first, funnier as time went by.

If we were really lucky he'd combine the two into "What it basically boils down to, its a case of...", which doesn't really make any sense at all.

What are the most annoying phrases you've heard?
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

...but we have always done it that way!!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

"At the end of the day ...."
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

To be honest...

Comment

OMG
          Don't even go there
          Sheesh
          Step up to the plate

Anything said on Friends
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Yeah - I mean, now you're being honest... what about before then?
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

" Can't complain ...."

"Could be better ...."

"mustn't grumble"

I hate negative ppl!!!!
              "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

The worst, and I mean THE WORST is when someone working on a till says, "Well done." after the transaction has completed. It makes me feel quite violent.

Comment

lets "ring fence" this issue...

..basically means, "sweep it under the carpet"

Comment

"At the end of the day...."

FFS it's 9am and you're gonna make me wait 'til the end of the day?!

Comment

Working...
                    X