• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marrakesh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marrakesh

What's it like then?

Been thinking about going for a while... anyone been there?

A chilled out oasis or a bit freaky with lots of camels etc
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Bueller? Is it that dull or is it just me?

Comment

went this year, only onwe or two camels. good place to goto for a weekend, I'd not really want to stay longer unless I got into the hills with a bike.
      Keep hold of your valuables, try and see the old town, break away from the crowds, you'll get pestered every few minutes to buy / try something. Use you batering skills you'll normally knock of about 80%. Bought the GF some nice jewellry there.

Eat in good place's I'll try to dig out some links, use the travel guides, and learn the layout of the place so you'll not get lost.

Have fun !!
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

It’s best to go there by train on the Marrakesh Express. It has Animal carpet wall to wall. Look out for the American ladies; they are five-foot tall and in blue.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Thought Marrakesh was crap, countryside around is brilliant though ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Thought Marrakesh was crap, countryside around is brilliant though ...
            A bit like Wales, then?

Comment

I read that property prices have doubled there in the last year Marrakesh that is, not Wales.

Comment

A Welsh man walking through a field, sees a man drinking water from a pool
                with his hand.

The Welsh man shouts “Paid a yfed y dwr mae’r gwartheg yn cachi yn y dwr”
                (Don’t drink the water, it’s full of cow tulip.)

The man shouts back “I’m English, Speak English, I don’t understand you”.

The Welsh man shouts back “Use both hands, you’ll get more in.”

Comment

Working...
                X