• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Ban

Hello all

We have just been informed that there is going to be a ban on all mobiles at work. You will have to have your mobile switched off at all times except for agreed breaks and lunchtimes. Even then there are only going to be certain areas of the building that you will be allowed to use your phone.

Question is....is this the same at any of your client sites. I'm not very happy about this...i'm not one who sits on my phone and speaks to mates but if ever i need to be contacted i'm always avaliable. Would this make me sound like a permie??? in the eyes of IR35 ???? what should i do ???
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

I would tell them to poke it TBH!!!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
      We have just been informed that there is going to be a ban on all mobiles at work. You will have to have your mobile switched off at all times except for agreed breaks and lunchtimes. Even then there are only going to be certain areas of the building that you will be allowed to use your phone.

Question is....is this the same at any of your client sites. I'm not very happy about this...i'm not one who sits on my phone and speaks to mates but if ever i need to be contacted i'm always avaliable. Would this make me sound like a permie??? in the eyes of IR35 ???? what should i do ???
      Tell them you're waiting for a heart donor to become available and need to be able to receive The Call from the hospital at any time.

Comment

I would ignore it and assume it was an instruction to the permies that had been mistakenly sent to me.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I would ignore it and assume it was an instruction to the permies that had been mistakenly sent to me.
          Likewise.

Comment

thirded

Milan.

Comment

Does the ban apply to customers/external companies that come on site?

Is someone going to tell an external person not to use their phones for business?

If not, then it applies to permies only.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Here is the link. I work for my LTD co that is contracted to a Consultancy who then in turn manage a service at the end client. As the Consultancy is a sister company of the client they are tied into the same regulations. So the e-mail got forward to "US" contractors of the consultancy with a note saying this also applies to us.

The main reason for it is due to the data we can get hold of but surely that is why i'm SC cleared. Some reason it is getting me angry but i'm sure they will have it covered somewhere in the contract that i have to abide by all rules and regulations of the consultancy and end client.

Comment

Cooperinliverp00l : a friend of mine works in the home office, she works in dept involved anti terror blah blah blah - they've always banned mobile at that office, its to do with security etc, seems there are technologies that is able to track mobile signals and spy into conversations etc

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
                    Does the ban apply to customers/external companies that come on site?

Is someone going to tell an external person not to use their phones for business?

If not, then it applies to permies only.
                    Yes it applies to external visitors as well. They have put little lockers in security for them to check their mobile phones and any portable electonic device into upon arrival. They can then collect it when they leave.

This all sounds like i'm going to have to go along with it ?

Comment

Working...
                    X