• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC changes tax codes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC changes tax codes

I have got a pay coding notice reducing allowance by items on P11D for my non-contracting company although nothing has been put on that is not a valid business expense. P11D is for things that are potentially a BIK, it does not mean they are.

Rung the bastards up and it seems that P11Ds are now being processed ahead of personal returns and tax codes are reduced by any amounts on there. You need to write to the revenue (there is no form) and state that all benefits on P11D are valid business claims.

PS I will have to write three letters (two companies and other director) as putting all on one will doubtless confuse their tiny brains. They never cease to find new ways to grab our money or WASTE OUR F* TIME!!
    Last edited by xoggoth; 23 August 2007, 11:26.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Soon they will just be able to take it out of your bank account. If no money there - then put a charge on your house.

Comment

I just phoned them on the number and on the coding notice and told them it was wrong (because my "benefit" was also an expense) and they changed it.

Comment

Its a bit academic as I do not plan to pay any salary anyway but it still gets up my nose.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Thanks guys - I need to ring them and do the same, then.

Saved me a call to the accountant.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X