• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Example of childcare vouchers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Example of childcare vouchers

If I can put up with the admin overhead I was thinking of setting up a childcare voucher scheme at MyCo. Does anyone know what has to be on one or where I can find a template?

Has anyone seen such a voucher from a permie employer??!

To get examples ring one of the voucher providers and ask for an info pack, it will probably have an example in there. It doesn't have to be a physical voucher, you can make the payment duirect from your company to the childcare provider ... as long as the payslips show the relevant deduction and all relevant tax and NI records are kept and updated.

Worth noting that in order to pay for childcare in this way you have to hold information that proves that the child qualifies (birth certificate and proof of relationship to employee) and that the carer is approved (copy of approval including renewal date). Approved carers include nurseries and childminders (but only if they are registered with OFSTED, if they are only NCMA registered they aren't eligible). Generally nannies aren't approved - they didn't used to be able to get approval at all until recently but now they can but there are costs for them and a requirement to sit certain courses (again with a cost) so tehre is no real benefit to them in getting registered, also if they get paid in paper vouchers they need to cash them making life difficult so very few a re registered.

There is an HMRC leaflet on it, it isn't complicated. I don't do it but have looked in to it and also know people who get this as a benefit from their employer.

Cheers

Windy

Comment

Thanks Windy - I will give one of the voucher companies a call as you suggested.

I have been reading a lot of the literature. It seems that there are a lot of records that have to be kept and you also have to prove there is an actual salary sacrifice.

Comment

You can do it as a salary addition too, which is even easier.

http://www.kiddivouchers.com/pdfs/In...Businesses.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X